Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i disconnect the battery, where would i find the security radio code to unlock it after reconnecting the battery?

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
what radio do you have? what year tundra?

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
crap, I did not know the factory radio had a code. did you try easy stuff like 1234 or 0000?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crap, I did not know the factory radio had a code. did you try easy stuff like 1234 or 0000?
i'm assuming it does? every car i've ever owned had radio code :eek:

i haven't disconnected the battery yet but the instruction to installing the rear view monitor said to disconnect first so i'm just planning ahead

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
you should be fine. I have never head this question even come up before. Its good to plan ahead though. Someone else chime in if im wrong. I dont even think the factory radio will ask for a code if its unplugged.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I know everytime I take the battery out of my 00 C5 I have to put a code in when I put it back in for the radio, unsure of the tundra, as I just got my new/used 07 2 months ago

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
No code on mine. Had the battery out for plenty of times.

The OEM radios would be hard to resell if stolen with such a limited market- they are designed for a specific dash, most people want to upgrade to something better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this is an old post but I have the old OEM radio that was in my 08 Tundra that was removed and I didnt keep the code. I am looking to sell it does the person buying it have to go to the dealership to get it unlocked? I no longer own the truck.
TOY PN: 86120-0C211 Delphi electronics. Dephi PN: 28099095
SN: C0301240821

1 - 10 of 10 Posts