Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks good. I did my grill. Not sure If I want to do my bumpers since the matte to the white is just off enough from the 040. That much might bug me...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, its a little off. My master plan is to dip the whole truck sometime before the year is up. I am thinking winter though, because its just too hot and humind here in North Florida for such a project.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Are you going to dip white over white? I just dipped a whole car not to long ago, and if you are switching colors I would HIGHLY recommend using a dip primer. You can also make your own for spray on depending on color instead of buying from someone like dipyourcar.com

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Looks good fry. In the rear did you remove the plastic cap or just tap to it?

I did my front and wish I did the back at the same time ... I hate taping lines

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Fri...where did you get the plasti dip?
Thanks, -rob

Wheels look sweet.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Yeah, its a little off. My master plan is to dip the whole truck sometime before the year is up. I am thinking winter though, because its just too hot and humind here in North Florida for such a project.
You may wanna get up with BRX, he's in south Florida. He professionaly dipped his whole truck. If I'm not mistaken, it cost more than a jam paint job :dunno:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you going to dip white over white? I just dipped a whole car not to long ago, and if you are switching colors I would HIGHLY recommend using a dip primer. You can also make your own for spray on depending on color instead of buying from someone like dipyourcar.com
Honestly I am not too concerned about the color. I've got a buddy with a big air compressor and sprayer, so the thought was to pick up a gallon of it and spray away.

Looks good fry. In the rear did you remove the plastic cap or just tap to it?

I did my front and wish I did the back at the same time ... I hate taping lines
Not sure if you mean the Plastic Cap on the wheels, in which case I had removed those and did the separately. If you are talking about the back bumper, I just taped it off. There was a lot of overspray on the truck I realized after, but was super easy to wipe off. Taping was just so I could get sharp lines.

Hey Fri...where did you get the plasti dip?
Thanks, -rob

Wheels look sweet.
Thanks man, I need to get a better shot of the wheels, seem too dark in these pics. Like someone already mentioned, you can find it in Home Depot & Lowes. I have also found it in ACE and Walmart. Where I am, Home Depot and Lowes were cheaper than ACE/Walmart; However, HD/Lowes/Walmart only had black or white, and it was hit or miss which of either they had in stock. Even though ACE was more, they had both black and white spray as well as liquid of blue/yellow/black/white.

You may wanna get up with BRX, he's in south Florida. He professionaly dipped his whole truck. If I'm not mistaken, it cost more than a jam paint job :dunno:
The fun for me in Plasti Dip is the DIY aspect. I wouldn't try and paint my car, but I will plasti dip the hell of it :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts