Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Tundra SR5 and one of the fog lights has gone out. I bought the bulb from AutoZone but can't find anything online on how to remove the plastic wheel well liner. It has these "rivets" that can't be removed without breaking as far as I can tell. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove the well liner?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cody. Here is an image of the "rivet" in question. I pushed a small flat head screw driver in the middle but it never came loose. I tried "pushing" on the plastic inside the hole with the screw driver and then popping it off but it would not budge. Can you provide any details on what you mean by "pop the center"?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I cant see your image.... try using photobucket or something like that to host the picture.

Where exactly is this rivet? Is it on the cover attached to the bumper or is it one that is attached to the other fender liner. Also, do you have a chrome bumper or is it painted ( I know... dumb question but they actually use different rivets)

If its steel you just need to slide a flat head screwdriver under the side of the rivet and pop it out.... using two blades and going from each side at the same time makes this much easier.... dont worry, it takes a lot to break em.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was trying to see if the new link worked first. I do have chrome bumpers. This is on the front wheel well on the passenger side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts