Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a TON of threads on wheel spacers. However, I have some specific questions. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help me.

I purchased my 2016 Tundra SR5 Crewmax last year and it included the TSS Offroad package. I believe the TSS Offroad package is region specific (Texas). I could be wrong on this though. The packagae included KO2's and some sort of Tundra specific rims/wheels. I have not been able to identify a name brand or find on the internet any info on these wheels. I know you can purchase them through the dealership but nothing other than that.

My truck also includes the bushwacker fender flares. However, with these installed, it has made the wheels/tires look small in size and also looks a bit strange as the tires are not flush with the flares. The tires are roughly 2.5-2.75" inwards. I would prefer them to be flush and/or a little extended past the flares.

So my dilemma is to spend a ton of money on a new set of wheels or purchase wheel spacers. If I purchase spacers, does purchasing spacers at higher lengths (as in, instead of purchasing 1.5" spacers, I purchase 2.5") result in a higher risk of causing damage to the truck?

Also, if I purchase 2" spacers, does this mean it will push the tire out exactly 2" from where it sits currently?

Any recommendations on spacers to purchase (BORA, etc.) would be great. Also, any helpful spacer videos would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time guys.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
O.K. Subscribed. No. I'm not interested in doing this. Not at all. But can one really push the whole dang wheel out 2+ inches off the hub? And one would willingly do that? Besides my mind's eye not being able to picture the wheel lug studs reaching & catching the lug nuts it's just seems the change in the dynamic loading of the whole tire/wheel/hub assembly is crazily out of wack. But, then again, I'm out of wack.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
68 Posts
O.K. Subscribed. No. I'm not interested in doing this. Not at all. But can one really push the whole dang wheel out 2+ inches off the hub? And one would willingly do that? Besides my mind's eye not being able to picture the wheel lug studs reaching & catching the lug nuts it's just seems the change in the dynamic loading of the whole tire/wheel/hub assembly is crazily out of wack. But, then again, I'm out of wack.

:popcorn:
If you're out of whack, so am I. The thing about this practice that I don't get is that the Tundra is already a wide vehicle. It barely fits into some parking spots as it is. Why make it wider?

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Tundra
1 Posts
If you need some pieces of wheel spacers to pull the wheels out of the arch, you need to make sure you choose hub-centric and foged spacers. Hub-centric can promise the spacers tighten perfectly with the axle, and forged spacers have higher purity and precision. As for the material used to produce the wheel spacers, aluminum alloy 6061-T6 and 7075-T6 are the high-performance materials.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.