Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a set of 1.5 wheel spacers (used for 2 weeks) and the whole process went well. Except when I received the package, it was all torn up, and USPS resealed the thing.. I have all 4 spacers but I have no lug nuts. I called the guy to verify that he shipped them and he said yes all 20.

So I am guessing when the package "opened up" they fell out.. (shipper said they were in a bag all together)

so now I have to file a complaint and was wondering.. what do I use for a replacement.. anyone have any recommendations??

also, he said that they were wheel and hub centric.. how to I determine that for sure? Is there a way to be positive? He said that they worked great and he had no vibrations what so ever. Only reason he replaced them was because he curbed a wheel and his OCD made him buy new wheels and didn't have a need for the spacers anymore..

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Huh? No.. got them on craigslist here in jersey.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
You can get the lug nuts from Fred over at WheelAdapter.com is your number one source for wheel adapters, wheel spacers, used wheels, and wheel studs. or just about any auto parts store. Take your spacer in with you and match the taper. it should use a regular (shorty) zinc lug nut. The hub centric portion is the female side and the wheel centric is the male side. Fitting them unto the hub of the truck will tell you instantly if they are truly hub centric. And depending on the wheel (each brand uses a different bore size) will determine if they are designed for a specific wheel. best of luck!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never mind, I got a better look at the spacers today and they are all gouged up chipped and just plain effed and destroyed from USPS.. No way I can put them on the truck... so this thread can go ahead and be deleted.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like those spacers that ff almeida sold to absolutgt :lol:

When he sent them back to ff, ff must have sold them to anothet unsuspecting internet shopper, and when they received them, they put them on Craig's, and here you are :yikes:
hahaha, that would be ironic that it would be all members of TT..

But From the pictures they sent me of the items compared to how they look now you can tell that all the damage is new.. It looks like all 4 of them fell out of the box and bounced around on the pavement and each other etc..

Guys name is Eddie that sold them to me in Jersey..

IF they are the same ones I will take the $$$ hit and just toss these in the garbage and end this vicious cycle

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm not at home anymore but here is one spacer. Is it at least wheel and hub centric? Lol I honestly do believe the shipper, he said he would pay for the replacements

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you have the right spacers there, you just need lugs like you said
alright, I understand I can sand the little bit of corrosion off and also on the hub it self to have a good fit.. But there are a couple of dings and gouges in them, If I just clean them up as best as possible, will they be alright? Just as long as they both have a good mating surface?

I am used to working on helicopters where everything has to be with in tolerance and everything has limits where we have to use precise measuring equipment etc..

I'm not trying to Johny ******* my truck here if you know what I mean.. I know there has been post after post but sometimes there are individual attention needed

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
this is why i buy stuff like this new................and never without detailed pics if i do buy used.......and NEVER send money as a gift through paypal cause it is next to impossible to make a claim if you do.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you guys aren't reading the post tho. I HAD THE PICTURES BEFORE HAND!!!!!!! The box was a bused and everything apparently came out of the box and bounced around on the ground.. I hate when people don't read the OP and just assume otherwise. the only thing left of the original box was the top. the rest was all covered with white tape with red lettering saying RE SEALED BY USPS

all the dings and shit are new and fresh. NOT from the seller

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is why I hate the internet, You can't tell the tone of someone and like I mentioned before, people assume things..

All I was saying was that I did mention that I had the pictures before I sent the money..

"this is why i buy stuff like this new................and never without detailed pics if i do buy used.......and NEVER send money as a gift through paypal cause it is next to impossible to make a claim if you do."

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I was bipolar I don't think that Government would trust me with what I do.. I am though an angry person who hates the general public

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There are only 2 people that I honestly hate... Piers Morgan and the general public of this country. You sir, drive a tundra.. Therefor are not a member of the general public..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts