Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 14 Tundra lifted/leveled 3 inch and 1 inch block on the rear. I went crazy and put on four 325/60/20 BFG mud tires. Sounds like the two front wheels are rubbing on the bumper. I took the bumper plastic guards out already and they?re still rubbing. Any good suggestions would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my 14 Tundra lifted/leveled 3 inch and 1 inch block on the rear. I went crazy and put on four 325/60/20 BFG mud tires. Sounds like the two front wheels are rubbing on the bumper. I took the bumper plastic guards out already and they?re still rubbing. Any good suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Sounds like you might have to cut a little of the bumper off if its still rubbing after removing all the plastic. That size tire is really big for a 3/1 lift. Its actually bigger than a 35-12.5-20 tire.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yeah, they?re 35.4x12.8/20. How do I shave part of the metal bumper off? Just cut them?
Bold move, getting such big tires! Cheap angle grinder and cutting disk will do it.

What is your wheel width and offset? I'm thinking you are going to need lots of plastic trimming and a body mount chop if you don't want it to rub.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course I have already taken out the two small rubber splash guards and the two big plastic bumper guards out already. I thought the wheels were rubbing the chrome bumper covers but they were only rubbing the skid plate. Kinda saved me $700-$800 from getting a decent aftermarket front bumper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.