Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2020 Crewmax Limited with TRD package. I believe this means I have 18” wheels. My suspension is stock and I plan to keep it that way. I’m just looking to separate from the pack a little bit and I have been looking at the Icon Compression wheels. It looks like this wheel comes in 17” and not 18”. If this is true will the 17” work for me? I’m not looking to go to offset college just want to dress up my stock truck a little. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
94 Posts
I’ve got a 2020 Crewmax Limited with TRD package. I believe this means I have 18” wheels. My suspension is stock and I plan to keep it that way. I’m just looking to separate from the pack a little bit and I have been looking at the Icon Compression wheels. It looks like this wheel comes in 17” and not 18”. If this is true will the 17” work for me? I’m not looking to go to offset college just want to dress up my stock truck a little. Thanks for any help
Yes but will void any warranty you might have on suspension. And if overall dimension changes then your odometer would need to be calibrated. But I would ask your tire and rim guy to validate they will work on your truck.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
A wheel change absolutely does not void warranty on the suspension.

So far there are only 2 or 3 sets of 17" wheels that fit. Big front brakes cause a clearance issue.
In 17's, Methods, Rock Warrior stock wheels, and at least one other set which I forget fit, it might have been Icon, but not sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
A wheel change absolutely does not void warranty on the suspension.

So far there are only 2 or 3 sets of 17" wheels that fit. Big front brakes cause a clearance issue.
In 17's, Methods, Rock Warrior stock wheels, and at least one other set which I forget fit, it might have been Icon, but not sure.
Its more like be careful by staying as close as you can to total diameter, not only for odometer, but depending on the failure if a diameter change can be linked to something like tranny failure of front end issues the dealer can absolutely void the warranty.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
A dealership can absolutely not 100% void your warranty due to a wheel change, which is all the OP is asking about, and never even mentioned warranty issues.

Even if you roll in on 38" tires,with an 8" lift, a dealer can not void your warranty...

There are laws regarding warranty, which, without seeming like a d1k, you might want to read up on.

If you roll in on 33" tires, with a toasted trans, unless the dealership/service manager/tech are an asshat, they will warranty it. Now, 38" tires, no regearing, yes, they could say the trans is not warrantied, or a failed rack, or brake issues, etc. However, they can NOT void your warranty.

With wheels, about the only thing they could say is not warranty would be a shimmy/vibration issue. Or if you go full south style, with negative offset and blow a rack, sure, they could say it isn't warranty, same as wheel bearings. But there has to be a reason, and a modification outside of a normal realm.

Now the OP throws a set of 17" wheels that fit, 20-30mm offset or more, and 33" tires, which once were a factory option tire size... Warranty shouldn't be an issue at all.

As far as speedo, with 33" tires, I am still reading faster by about 7%.

This is coming from someone who has lifted/leveled a truck, threw a set of 33x12.5-18's on a truck at 107lbs per corner, at +30 offset, full custom exhaust, tuned, had a failed rack, failed rear wheel bearing, and guess what? Everything was warrantied. I also am a tech, and you have to prove what caused an issue before you can deny a warranty claim on a specific part, but can not completely void a warranty based on one aspect.

Now, back on topic, O.P. See my earlier post regarding 17" wheels that fit, and the brake clearance issue on the front. The mfg of the wheels you stated doesn't list a vehicle fit guide, so I can not confirm that brand fits personally, however... There was a thread in regards to what 17" wheels actually fit, might have to use the search function, or look through the wheel section deep enough, you may find it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
A dealership can absolutely not 100% void your warranty due to a wheel change, which is all the OP is asking about, and never even mentioned warranty issues.

Even if you roll in on 38" tires,with an 8" lift, a dealer can not void your warranty...

There are laws regarding warranty, which, without seeming like a d1k, you might want to read up on.

If you roll in on 33" tires, with a toasted trans, unless the dealership/service manager/tech are an asshat, they will warranty it. Now, 38" tires, no regearing, yes, they could say the trans is not warrantied, or a failed rack, or brake issues, etc. However, they can NOT void your warranty.

With wheels, about the only thing they could say is not warranty would be a shimmy/vibration issue. Or if you go full south style, with negative offset and blow a rack, sure, they could say it isn't warranty, same as wheel bearings. But there has to be a reason, and a modification outside of a normal realm.

Now the OP throws a set of 17" wheels that fit, 20-30mm offset or more, and 33" tires, which once were a factory option tire size... Warranty shouldn't be an issue at all.

As far as speedo, with 33" tires, I am still reading faster by about 7%.

This is coming from someone who has lifted/leveled a truck, threw a set of 33x12.5-18's on a truck at 107lbs per corner, at +30 offset, full custom exhaust, tuned, had a failed rack, failed rear wheel bearing, and guess what? Everything was warrantied. I also am a tech, and you have to prove what caused an issue before you can deny a warranty claim on a specific part, but can not completely void a warranty based on one aspect.

Now, back on topic, O.P. See my earlier post regarding 17" wheels that fit, and the brake clearance issue on the front. The mfg of the wheels you stated doesn't list a vehicle fit guide, so I can not confirm that brand fits personally, however... There was a thread in regards to what 17" wheels actually fit, might have to use the search function, or look through the wheel section deep enough, you may find it.

Okay, expert.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dude, you joined a month ago, made an unsubstantiated claim you couldn't back up trying to sound like an "Expert", then got schooled by someone who does this stuff for a living and has been contributing his expertise to the forum for over a decade.

Take it like a man and don't be a dick. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts