Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2016 CM with the TSS package. I like it a lot, but I knew from the start I wanted to upgrade the suspension and possibly go with bigger tires. I really like the black wheels, so I'll plan on keeping those. I've done a lot of research and can't decide what to do. Obviously, it would be a lot cheaper to stick with my current tires and add a leveling kit or put 5100s up front to raise up the front end a couple inches. My thought is, if I'm going to spend close to a grand to just level it out, should I just wait until I need new tires and go with a lift and bigger tires? Just trying to get different opinions and options since I don't want to wast money. I'd hate to level it out and then regret not going with a lift and bigger tires. Pros and cons to each?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I recently purchased a 2016 CM with the TSS package. I like it a lot, but I knew from the start I wanted to upgrade the suspension and possibly go with bigger tires. I really like the black wheels, so I'll plan on keeping those. I've done a lot of research and can't decide what to do. Obviously, it would be a lot cheaper to stick with my current tires and add a leveling kit or put 5100s up front to raise up the front end a couple inches. My thought is, if I'm going to spend close to a grand to just level it out, should I just wait until I need new tires and go with a lift and bigger tires? Just trying to get different opinions and options since I don't want to wast money. I'd hate to level it out and then regret not going with a lift and bigger tires. Pros and cons to each?
If you don't want to waste money, delete your account on here and don't look back. :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
This isn't a pros and cons situation

It's purely what you want and how bad you want it.

If you need to be convinced to level your truck then just leave it stock

·
Registered
615 Posts
Dude, do what i did...research for the tires you like (ta ko2 33s are perfect), suspension you like (my 6112s are awesome), then sell your tires for some of your money back. Sold my OG Bridgestone Alenzas for $600 after i bought my first set of 33in AT Coopers. Did not regret anything and now with TA KO2s. I cant wait for my 5160s to get here and my Ride Rite airbags

·
Registered
615 Posts
If you don't want to waste money, delete your account on here and don't look back. :D
Dont do that!!! You guys are awesome and with everyone's input, ive installed my 6112s and theyre awesome!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts