Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Best stereo to replace stock?

Can't decide on what stereo to put in the truck. For right now, I'm thinking just the stereo and speakers all the way around. I'd like to do subs and amp in the future so feel free on yall's thoughts about that too. I'd like to pull the trigger on a new stereo and speakers within the next few days so please let me know what you think. I really like the new pioneers, how they have apps and all. Keep reading compliants about how they aren't working that well though. Any thoughts and opinions about what stereo and what speakers to go with I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well, I blew my modest budget and went ahead and got something that I didn't plan on upgrading for a while.

I got the Sony XAV-601BT head unit. Probably not the best out there, and doesn't really have a lot of bells and whistles, but I like the 5V preouts, and it does everything I need it to.

I went with the JL 13TW5 stealthbox, and couldn't be happier. I was skeptical at first, but that thing really pounds when you put some watts to it.

I went Hertz components up front with an active crossover. With the intelligent time alignment on the head unit, there's no reason for rear fill. It has a very nice overall sound quality for a multitude of different genres of music, which is what I was going for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts