Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm coming back from deployment and will be buying my second tundra in less then a month. I already know I want a Crewmax, 4x4, 5.7L (non FlexFuel), with a moonroof.

My question is what packages, model (Base to Platinum), and any other features would you get on it?

Also, I'm already going to put a 7in BDS lift, 37in Toyo m/t, 20in XD Hoss machine black wheels, and 4.88 gears.

Any other thoughts about what to add?

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

· Premium Member
1,938 Posts
So I'm coming back from deployment and will be buying my second tundra in less then a month. I already know I want a Crewmax, 4x4, 5.7L (non FlexFuel), with a moonroof.
You might have issues finding this. I was just at the dealer and everything with the exception of the base model 5.7 was Flex. Sooo, not sure if 2013 this happened or if Las Vegas just decided this was a "good" idea.

I honestly vote for a very nice stereo/nav system as another early mod.

· Registered
180 Posts

My question is what packages, model (Base to Platinum), and any other features would you get on it?

Also, I'm already going to put a 7in BDS lift, 37in Toyo m/t, 20in XD Hoss machine black wheels, and 4.88 gears.

Any other thoughts about what to add?
I can't give you any advice on your Tundra since mine is pretty much a stock SR5 RC - but I appreciate your service to the USA!
My son came back through Fort Campbell after his first deployment.
Glad you're coming home!
God bless you!

· Premium Member
5,481 Posts
Don't get the TRD or rock warrior package if your gonna lift it. Save the money and put it toward your lift.

· Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of doing the supercharger after the lift and tires.

A dealer I called said they can get a SR5 without a Flex Fuel, If not then I'll just have to go with a base model which is fine since the truck isn't going to be stock inside or out soon after I get it.

Thanks 10 Ga Bob.

· Registered
298 Posts
Go with a Limited or Platinum if you like the interior creature comforts. :D

Reactions: Mickey and Ogtoyfan

· Registered
542 Posts
I just got the SR5, non-TRD because I know I was going to be changing virtually everything else.

But I like the seat and some of the other bells and whistles that came with the SR5 over the grade. The Limited and Platinum only really offer upcharges on things I think you (and I) would change out anyway.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
If you are gonna mod everything right away, there's no sense getting Plat/Ltd or a TRD package.

For me, I knew that my suspension would not be modded right away so I got a TRD package. Without stronger suspension, I knew my truck is more likely to suffer from damages from all the rough roads where I live.

· Read Only
3,501 Posts
I hate the wood grain in the limited and platinum. That's the reason I didn't get one of those. Well that and wife hates leather. I have a SR5 TRD Offroad with moon roof and all other options. If I was going to do then suspension lift I'd skip the TRD packages. But make sure to get the tow package to get the 4.30 gears.

· Registered
45 Posts
the Platinum air conditioned seats are money...also love the folding mirrors since our trucks are so tight in some parking spots.

· Registered
83 Posts
I was thinking of doing the supercharger after the lift and tires.

A dealer I called said they can get a SR5 without a Flex Fuel, If not then I'll just have to go with a base model which is fine since the truck isn't going to be stock inside or out soon after I get it.

Thanks 10 Ga Bob.
I know down here in Louisiana getting a package you want without flex isn't a problem. It's trying to find 4x4 without flex. I was told I would have to do a special order from the factory which would have given me 0 room to negotiate price wise.

Anyways good luck with your search, and thank you for your service.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.