Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im seriously stuck, i cant decide wether i want to get a 3 inch body lift and a 4.5 inch suspension lift, or go ahead and get a full out 7 inch BDS suspension lift. and when i go to the BDS website the 7 inch suspension is $1,950 and then there is a 7 inch suspension with coil cover for $3,350. What is the difference and are the coil covers needed??:confused:

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Go talk to Cody at Dynamic Off-Road there in town. Tell him Sean sent you over there. He is a straight up guy and won't BS you.
He will be getting my business, I have known him for 17+years....

Reactions: Cheeto

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Im seriously stuck, i cant decide wether i want to get a 3 inch body lift and a 4.5 inch suspension lift, or go ahead and get a full out 7 inch BDS suspension lift. and when i go to the BDS website the 7 inch suspension is $1,950 and then there is a 7 inch suspension with coil cover for $3,350. What is the difference and are the coil covers needed??:confused:
Is your truck a 2wd or 4wd?

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
DO NOT do a body lift. I am speaking from experience. I had one on my Z71 back in the day. I managed to sever 4 of 6 body mounts from the cab of the truck. I almost did not come back from that one. Needless to say...... Once I fixed it I put a for sale sign on it......... never to be seen again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is your truck a 2wd or 4wd?
Its a Texas Edition 2wd. I dont go off road at all anymore after i destroyed my Z71, so i didnt think i needed the 4wd.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DO NOT do a body lift. I am speaking from experience. I had one on my Z71 back in the day. I managed to sever 4 of 6 body mounts from the cab of the truck. I almost did not come back from that one. Needless to say...... Once I fixed it I put a for sale sign on it......... never to be seen again.

A friend of mine told me a simular story about his when he got a body lift and said he would never get another one, but ive had people tell me that they are so much better and cheaper than a suspension lift. but i plan on going and talking to your friend Sean like you suggested this weekend.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Its a Texas Edition 2wd. I dont go off road at all anymore after i destroyed my Z71, so i didnt think i needed the 4wd.
By reading around here get the cst spindles and throw a 3" spacer on and you'll be at 6.5". And then add a leaf in the rear with coaches shackles and you'll be set and far cheaper than a lift kit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Cheeto

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Yes 3" CST spindles or Maxtrac Spindles combined with a spacer add a lead ect as stated above would be the best and cost effective way. I cant speak for Maxtrac but i know with CST you can also run coilovers if you want to like King/Fox/Icon ect if you dont wanna use a spacer and want that extra 2.5 -3"

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
we offer a 3.5" lift spindle along with a 2.5" strut spacer for a total of 6" up front. Or you could just run the spindles. we also offer 1"-4" blocks & U-bolts, rear shocks, and the necessary hardware (e-brake bracket, rear brakeline bracket, carrier bearing drop) depending on what size kit you go with. here is a link to it if you want to check it out... http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/ma...ndra-2wd-3-5-lift-spindles-available-now.html
Very simple installation with no cutting involved and keeps a stock like ride. PM me if you want more details. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Yes 3" CST spindles or Maxtrac Spindles combined with a spacer add a lead ect as stated above would be the best and cost effective way. I cant speak for Maxtrac but i know with CST you can also run coilovers if you want to like King/Fox/Icon ect if you dont wanna use a spacer and want that extra 2.5 -3"
Yes you can run coilovers with our spindles as well. There are a couple forum members on here with Maxtrac spindles and different brands of coilovers. Biggest thing is don't crank your coilovers up to the moon as your truck will ride terrible, you will have poor geometry and it will not align. Also if you decide to run an aftermarket upper control arm, make sure that it is factory length. I have seen some brands that are shorter than factory which uses a lot of the alignment adjustment and when you go to put on your spindles and coilovers you can't align the vehicle. Don't really understand why some arms are shorter than stock but hey there must be a method behind the madness!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts