Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2012 CM 4x4. I want to put a small lift on it, nothing crazy because it is our family driver also. I would like to get a 3/1 lift with 33's or maybe even 35's wrapped around 18's. I have been looking at possibly getting the Bilstein 5100, and a 1 in spacer in the rear. Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated.

Jess

·
Registered
948 Posts
Budget? Intended use? If it will be a mall crawler etc then get the blisteins for the front, leave rear stock as it will sit level, throw some 33 on with some 18's and you are set. Offroad (heavy) use is a different story

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As of right now it would be used as a mall crawler, and an occasional use for heavy duty off-roading. I can always change to a bigger and more of a heavy duty lift later if I need to. I mean as of right now I live in Washington DC an maybe St. Louis in the next 4-5 months. I am wanting to spend maybe 2k in the rims, tires and the lift or shocks. I know the shocks are running around 100 or so. Thanks for the info.

Jess

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
well, it all depends on your tastes and your idea of "heavy duty off-roading"...
if you're really doing some wheeling, where you need a decent amount of suspension travel/flex, a 3/1 kit (or 5100s and a spacer) won't help you. you'll need a good suspension lift.
but if your truck is truly going to be a mall crawler, with the occasional mud fun, i'd go with a 3/1 and some Nitto Trail Grappler 33s...you should be able to find a good set of used tires/wheels on craigslist if you keep an eye out. the 3/1 kit is very budget-friendly and easy to install. i got my Nitto Terra Grappler 33s w/ 20" XD Monsters for like $1400 or so...used with 4K miles on them.
good luck with your upgrades man! be sure to show us your pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts