Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to work a trade on a 2007 CM limited in excellent shape with 123000 miles on it. The truck is extremely clean and appears to be well cared for. I have read about the clunk issue in the driveline but is there anything else I should check? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I recently purchases one and I had three things that seem to be fairly common go wrong. Mine is an 07 Crewmax with 70k miles.

1. The driveshaft clunk (fixed under warranty)
2. Water pump, look for pink substance on the block under the water pump. It won't always drip to the ground. (fixed under warrant)
3. Front diff, cyclical noise around 30 mph. (fixed under warranty)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well I have had two of the problem. water pump failed at around 60,000 and drive shaft problem going in next tuesday for that bump problem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
120K should have had a handful of dealer services recently @ 100K and @ 120K. New timing chain, transmission flush, most likely a new water pump, and engine coolant flush.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips guys. I actually called my local Toyota dealer and him run the VIN and the truck did have several things done to it at 96000 miles, front and rear brakes, front and rear diff service, tranny service and some kind of injector pump I thought only diesels had those lol and some kind of charcol canister replaced.

The down side is the dealer that has the truck and I can't seem to see eye to eye on the trade so my hunt continues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts