Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch of odd bits and pieces laying around my garage.. and I am thinking about my next project for the Tundra and that is going to be Audio.

Here is what I have:

Head Units
Stock
Pioneer p3200DVD
Keenwood DNX 7140

Front Stage
Polk Audio DB351 3.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers (in dash)
Ctx65cs - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speakers

Rear
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 6 x 9-Inch Full-Range 3-Way Speakers

Subs
Kicker 10" L5 (dual coil 4 OHM)
JL Audio 12" W3v3 (single coil 2 OHM)

Amps
Kicker ZX700.5
Kicker ZX400.1

I also have a CAP laying around somewhere that I have never used.. I have heard mixed results from people who put in CAPs.

So out of these things.. what should I sell and what should I keep?

For the HUs, the Kenwood is obviously a more high end unit with built in nav, bluetooth, and a bigger screen. The Pioneer has 7 band EQ settings (not many DDs have this many), and I could always buy the BT adapter.
If I keep the Stock HU I will be adding a MS8 to my system.

Front stage
I have no problem with the Image Dynamics.. I will probably put the tweets in the sails, and leave the Polks in the dash (powered off the HU). Anyone see any issue with this?
Should I leave the dash empty? put the tweets in the dash?

Rear
Rear fill will be powered off the HU, I am not sure if I want to leave the rears out of the picture completely or have some rear fill.. thoughts?

Subs
My PLAN was to go with 2 10" RE Audio subs ~1000w each.
Now I am sort of re-thinking that mainly because I dont want to spend that much money on subs and the amps needed to power them.
So I am trying to think if either of the subs I have will be enough bump for me.. or if I should sell both and get something else.

Amps
I have a feeling that Kicker amps are pretty sub par.. so I am open to recommendations here.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'd go with the kenwood headunit, but if your stock headunit is bluetooh capable and you have a smart phone i'd go that route with the MS8. Ditch the polks in the dash, put your tweeters in the sail panels. For the rears, leave them running off of the headunit. As far as subs, you can always try what you have first and if its not enough sell them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd go with the kenwood headunit, but if your stock headunit is bluetooh capable and you have a smart phone i'd go that route with the MS8. Ditch the polks in the dash, put your tweeters in the sail panels. For the rears, leave them running off of the headunit. As far as subs, you can always try what you have first and if its not enough sell them.
Stock HU is bluetooth capable.. I use it alot for phone calls because I tend to be driving alot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts