1841 - 1860 of 2524 Posts

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts
:werd:

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts
I'm going to get a little serious here for a few minutes, but I'm going to tell you something that does really tick me off, all at the same time....

My 10 year old daughter has suffered with atonic epilepsy her entire life. Her mental development arrested at about 2 years of age. Her co-ordination did as well. If any of you have ever watched "Friends" and remember the episode where Pheobe runs through the park, that is exactly how Raeden runs.

What is it that ticks me off? She doesn't deserve this (not that any kids who have any kind of disease or disorder do either). She's such a good girl. She achieves way above what she should.

Just little examples I'll give that make me soooo proud...She has learned signs, although some are not quite the exact way that they are supposed to be done, we recognize them as the 'Raeden' way, and can resposnd. Not many, but she knows about 30, and I'll bet she will learn more. When I bring home food (especially pizza), she loves to eat while watching TV, so she will go to the kitchen and try to get down the trays we eat our food on. I say try, because she isn't quite tall enough or strong enough to pull them down.

Another thing is when the dishwasher is getting loaded or unloaded, she 'helps'. She grabs dishes out, and hands them to whoever is putting them up. When loading, as soon as one is put in, she grabs it and hands it to whoever is trying to load. :)

She also has a wonderful sense of humor. She 'gets' things that are well above what she should. Every time my wife and I hug in her presence, she will run over and squeeze in between us, to seperate us, and just laugh while she does it. The other day, I pulled a turnabout on her, and when she hugged her Momma, I ran over and squeezed between them. She was a little stunned right at first, but then started giggling and laughing like crazy. Then she signed 'more' and hugged her Momma again, while looking at me and grinning from ear to ear.

Life isn't fair, and that's okay for me. But to me, it just ain't okay for it not to be fair to her. She's totally innocent.

I've been long-winded enough. Now to get back to the fun stuff.

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts
It pisses me off when I go to the bathroom to poop, and can only manage to get out a couple of farts. :banghead:

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
I commend u for handling your situation the way u do, and she is blessed to have u as her parents. Your situation is a lot more intense than mine but I have a son that has had a cpl medical issues since he was born. He has ventricular tachycardia (abnormal heart beat/rate) and a club foot, both are being paid attention to right now and hopefully gone soon. But I sit there and think the same thing.... how it's not fair and I would rather go through it for him, and my wife asks "why" all the time. The only answer I can come up with is, nobody is perfect by any means and some people need special care, and there are very few people that can handle a situation like that, therefore we are given a chance to appreciate life in a way that others will never get to see because of their to blind to see what it is to really enjoy/appreciate what we are given.

My little boy is now 10mo, at 2weeks old he had a heart rate of 230bpm. The doctors were amazed because he didn't show any usual signs, they did an ekg and tried several different methods to get it down to normal. .... none worked. Then they tried to put in a I.v for 3hrs which caused a seizure and they finally had to intubate him to get the IV in, and he was like that for 2weeks until his heart rate was under control. He got released from the NICU and 2 weeks later had to do it all over again because the medicine wasn't working anymore. But now it's a totally different situation and under control, but at the moment nothing matters but their lives and it is very hard for a lot of people these days to understand that. I know people that literally almost died and they are still abusing life the same way before anything happened and it's disgusting! So just keep doing what your doing to make her as comfortable as possible with her situation, and I guarantee she is happy little girl because of the care u provide her with. Kids with special needs tend to be real strong and see their life as the norm and the smallest things will make them happy.

That is where we learn from them, and I personally am very greatful for being able to open my eyes now!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
pisses me off when the boss brings his sick kid into the office for the day. He bitches about us coming to work sick, but has no problem spreading it around. Now he is in the next room watching r rated movies and plaint video games with the sound cranked up. I've closed my door, and wiped everything down with clorox wipes.

I've had a nasty sore throat for the last couple days, so I' think I"m gonna go home early.

:mad:

·
10,631 Posts
pisses me off when the boss brings his sick kid into the office for the day. He bitches about us coming to work sick, but has no problem spreading it around. Now he is in the next room watching r rated movies and plaint video games with the sound cranked up. I've closed my door, and wiped everything down with clorox wipes.

I've had a nasty sore throat for the last couple days, so I' think I"m gonna go home early.

:mad:
Damn kids

Lurn to read

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
When my 5 min ready potato has genital warts😧 I mean really does my wife just pick up food without looking ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
1,133 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Lol just looks gross as hell so
Gonna pass. And well I've gained about 50 lbs since me and my wife have been together was gonna give a potato a try rather than everything being fried and yep that's a no go after this ha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
1841 - 1860 of 2524 Posts