Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2524 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Junk mail.

If it has a postage paid return envelope I send them the lousy coupons from the Val-Pak lol

Figure I'm helping spend their money to keep my postman in a job.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
When I am at a public speaking event where there is 50 people. 49 of them can hear everything perfectly fine, but the 50th is 96 years old and refuses to wear his hearing aid. So he wants to bring everything to an immediate hault by screaming repeatedly at the top of his lungs that he can't hear the speaker, who needs to either talk louder or turn up the microphone. Because that is definitely the problem, not that the old man's 96 year old ears don't work so well anymore.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I am a public speaking event where there is 50 people. 49 of them can hear everything perfectly fine, but the 50th is 96 years old and refuses to wear his hearing aid. So he wants to bring everything to an immediate hault by screaming repeatedly at the top of his lungs that he can't hear the speaker, who needs to either talk louder or turn up the microphone. Because that is definitely the problem, not that the old man's 96 year old ears don't work so well anymore.
What???

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts
Here's what pisses me off...when at one point, my wifes "dream home" was inline with my thinking. Now all of the sudden, she has some redneck at work whispering in her ear, and now all of the sudden we can't agree on a gd thing when it comes to house purchase.

She has no sense of urgency, nor does she understand logistics at all. Our lease agreement ends in 4 months, and he will be bumping up the rent over 10% if we stay month to month.

I've found numerous homes within our budget that will be a safe area for the kids, but she insists on not having neighbors "on top of us" and is stuck on the houses that are in BFE, and that are over our budget.

I fukn give up :banghead:
So go show her a couple of houses in 'da hood', and tell her this is what you can afford in town to scare the shit outta her. Then take her to the 'country' and show her a few ramshackle houses, and neighbors that have about 5 teeth, altogether.

Then show her a house where you wanna live. You win. :lol5:

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Here's what pisses me off...when at one point, my wifes "dream home" was inline with my thinking. Now all of the sudden, she has some redneck at work whispering in her ear, and now all of the sudden we can't agree on a gd thing when it comes to house purchase.

She has no sense of urgency, nor does she understand logistics at all. Our lease agreement ends in 4 months, and he will be bumping up the rent over 10% if we stay month to month.

I've found numerous homes within our budget that will be a safe area for the kids, but she insists on not having neighbors "on top of us" and is stuck on the houses that are in BFE, and that are over our budget.

I fukn give up

Dude…

When we started shopping we were looking for new, probably over 100K more than what we actually ended up spending, smaller than we ended up settling on…What we ended up with was not what either of us ever pictured when we started shopping.

What happened was at some point we found a well maintained century old home that was so perfectly situated to both our jobs we couldn't have done much better if we picked a spot and built from scratch…with the lowest taxes in the county…in a safe and quiet neighborhood. Perfectly situated to everything we need. It isn't perfect and we will probably re-do the driveway and maybe rebuild the garage in the next few years but we can do all that and still be many thousands under what we thought we would have spent for something comparable built in the last 50 years.

We saw it early after we started the shopping process process and moved on.

We saw it again 6 months later when we realized it was still on the market and SHE noticed the 30 thousand dollar price drop and decided we should see it again.

We were all excited and then the home inspector found a cracked heat exchanger on the furnace, which the home inspector on their previous sale that fell through for other reasons never even found.

We decided the 37 year old HVAC system with the cracked heat exchanger on the furnace needed to go and asked for 10 grand more. They came back at 5. The wife got into this frustrated emotional funk where she felt like there was something shady going on if they weren't willing to give us the full amount we we wanted towards a new HVAC system. And maybe we should blow it off and continue on this drawn out painful shopping odyssey where we'd never find such a perfect location and a low tax base again. I argued that she shouldn't take things so personally and be so suspicious. That maybe she should see things from the prior owner's persecutive: AFter a prior home inspection and investing a bunch of money to fix shit in a sale that never happened and then dropping 30K from the price on top of that to get it over with they reached their limit and didn't want to give too much more ground on the home they maintained for 30 years.

So I told her in my opinion we should snap it up, move our stuff in, and get the fawk on with life.

I won, and neither of us have any regrets. It was scary for me because I fought hard and therefore took the risk of accepting all blame if something went wrong.

But it looks like we did OK. 1300 dollar per month mortgage for an awesome home with more space than we need where we are more proud to entertain than ever before.

IF it is time to fight the fight and you know that in your heart, fight it and she will thank you. Sometimes they really don't know what is best and they need help with the decision.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Gout....facking gout pissed me off.....:banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
What are homes going for in Florida these day?

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Seemed a while back there where a shit ton of foreclosures down there for 80k. Are deals like that still going on?

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Apparently Tampa turned into a sellers market over night, in the $200-$300k price range. :banghead:

If I was cool with an hour commute, which I'm not, we could buy bigger and better houses, on 2+ acres for what these dumps are going for. .fml

Apparently the "investors" bought up all the $100-$200k houses, bumped up the price, thus reducing the cheap inventory, and forcing all the viable buyers into the $200-$300k price range.

Kinda pisses me off, cuz the data and info I had from 6 months ago was painting a different picture...but shit changed. I could buy a lot more house, but don't wanna tie up all our income into a mortgage, so we are competing with buyers who make 1/2 what we make, and have googoo eyes (the joneses, who will eventually realize that, oops, they are over their head) Its almost like I see a bubble in the making :dunno:

Our next house purchase won't be viewed as an "investment", but more of an exp ected expense. I bought high last time, don't wanna do it again. I'm not an economist, but I just don't understand what supports a house that sold for $130k 2 years ago, to being worth $180k :yikes: Our shitty economy does not support that, IMO.
Yea I agree, its starting again in New Jersey too. A lot of good neighborhoods went to shit after the boom, forcing people to look in the higher priced homes that they can barely afford. What a nut roll the whole thing is.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
BDC if I remember right the VA had a pretty good deal on construction loans. I dont remember the details but I do remember it sounding good. :)
Im assuming you're using the VA and if so I have dealt probably the best guy you can deal with. If you're interested I can get you contact info on him.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Seemed a while back there where a shit ton of foreclosures down there for 80k. Are deals like that still going on?
Yeah but they're harder to come by, you gotta have cash in hand or a blank check ready to rock. Most of the deals are swooped up by investors and they just flip those things. FHA has opened up the lanes for a lot more auctions at foreclosure, they're enticing mortgagees to be less aggressive to allow third party sales and I've seen some go for DIRT cheap. Cheap enough to piss me off because I can't buy them.

·
Premium Member
11,751 Posts

I fukn give up :banghead:
I wonder what else that redneck is doing to her?

Maybe she is stalling.. redneck is about to take her from you... just a theory >:D

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts
I wonder what else that redneck is doing to her?

Maybe she is stalling.. redneck is about to take her from you... just a theory >:D
Whatever it is he (or she) is doing, I'll bet it's only with 3 teeth.

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Pisses me off when A dumbshit goes 70 in a 35mph zone and kills a man at a walmart redlight!!! Hit him so hard he flew into a pole and put the steering wheel into the backseat. Now they are trying to cut a body out of a truck that pisses me the fuk off!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2081 - 2100 of 2524 Posts