Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out the model/trim of my 2007 Tundra I bought from a Chevy Dealer (thus no real information). According to some sources, if I have a 2007 Double Cab, by definition I have an SR5. But other sources seem to make that not so definitive. Is there a hard and fast way to tell? Or can you provide some links that will enable me to figure it out? Here are the specs as I know them:

2007 Double Cab (non-TRD)
5.7L
4x4
6.5' Bed (Standard?)
Chrome Grill Surround (which seems to make a difference)
Cloth Seats (so _not_ Limited?)

Any other specs which will help us to pinpoint it?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
I'm wondering why you bought a vehicle you have no F'N clue what you purchased
I did the same thing with my first Tundra. Had no clue what I had.
Thanks to this site I learned many things.
To the OP, stick around. So much info here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2010 rock warrior, and I actually called Toyota and provided them the VIN and was told I had a 4.30 rear end. When I checked the link above it says 4.10

I do have the tow pkg with the 7way plug on the bumper, from what research I've done that means factory tow pkg which includes the 4.30 so either Toyota told me wrong or my build sheet is wrong.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm wondering why you bought a vehicle you have no F'N clue what you purchased
Possibly because I did have some clue? It had the features I wanted? I liked the look of it, and I saw the potential? But you just keep up that sense of curiosity about the world, admirable trait.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Thanks for the link! I used it just now for my 2008, and it has that data still. I am a bit confused though with some of the options because some of what I have read here, mine looks to have the towing package on my 4.7L. The build sheet doesn't have that, and my truck doesn't have the tow/haul mode.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you don't have the Tow/Haul button or the transmission cooler along with the bigger alternator, you don't have the tow package. You may only have a receiver hitch installed.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I put my vin in that site and it said my truck has a bench front seat. LOL:eek:
some of the options later in the build sheet over-ride that base configuration. Mine also says bench (2014) but one of the option replaces it with the center console.

·
Registered
349 Posts
So I have a question. I just typed my vin # in and all it tells me is 2013 Crewmax 4X4 Platinum. How do I know my gears ratio and if I'm non-FFV? My truck did not come with any owner manual.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I read on here somewhere that if you have tow package (tow/haul button) and 5.7 then you have 4.30 gears. Also in the 5.7 If the 5th letter of your VIN is a “W” then it’s a flex fuel. If the 5th letter is a “F” it’s a non flex fuel.

Don’t shoot the messenger if I’m wrong. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Flex Fuel here. 5th digit is "W".

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
Thanks for the link! I used it just now for my 2008, and it has that data still. I am a bit confused though with some of the options because some of what I have read here, mine looks to have the towing package on my 4.7L. The build sheet doesn't have that, and my truck doesn't have the tow/haul mode.
I
No 4.7 has the tow haul button because the 4.7 only has a 5 speed transmison

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I read on here somewhere that if you have tow package (tow/haul button) and 5.7 then you have 4.30 gears. Also in the 5.7 If the 5th letter of your VIN is a “W” then it’s a flex fuel. If the 5th letter is a “F” it’s a non flex fuel.

Don’t shoot the messenger if I’m wrong. Hope that helps.
5th letter of VIN is a V, what does that mean? And if I do not like the answer, the messenger is gonna get it.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
5th letter of VIN is a V, what does that mean? And if I do not like the answer, the messenger is gonna get it.
“VICTORY”!

...how can you not like that!?!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.