·
Registered
248 Posts
I can't remember the brand, I believe it starts with an "f"

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn they look badass those horizontal lines make them look sick!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Those look like stock tails with the flash lighting up the reflector

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yes, those are just the OEM tails with the reflectors lit up. If you do like that look and want it all the time go with CG. I have them and they work awesome. Very bright. They use that horizontal look with LEDs

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are those the ones with 3 thick horizontal LED bars?? @profane

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Stock tails. Possibly have LED bulbs inside.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Are those the ones with 3 thick horizontal LED bars?? @profane
Yeah I'm telling you guys, the new chargers tail lights how it appears as a led fluent glow. That's what mine do

Ill get clearer pictures as well as some night shots
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@profane yes those do look good but what these guys were saying about the flash reflecting was what caught my attention
@steven d yes that's exactly the same as the pic I posted!

But I searched for more and I think I'm liking the spec-d tail lights the black ones

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I was just showing the pictures to what someone said with the 3 horizontal LED bars.

IMHO, certain tail lights work with certain trucks. My truck isn't exactly modded to look spectacular or out of the ordinary, therefore I kept with the OEM style tail lights. I just prefer LED. as do most of automobile owners today.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@afterimage now those are sick!! So the horizontal lines are actually lights and not deflectors right??

·
Registered
64 Posts
@afterimage now those are sick!! So the horizontal lines are actually lights and not deflectors right??
Difficult to explain in words....

They're like clear arced acrylic rods that span around the inside of the light and are fed light from leds in vertical rows at the edges. They are constructed to emit the light they carry in from the edges of the housing aftward out the lens.

So no, the curved rods are not self-illuminated like cold-cathode tubes, but carry light in from the sides.

Hella quit making those tail lights a few years ago, they're no longer produced.

I had this pair on my '07 Tundra originally, then kept them when I parted with that truck. Strangely, they don't fit my '12 quite as well but not too bad.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Have the Hella Celis lights too and love them. Same technology with the tubes and leds like the new BMW tail lights use.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts