Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the map and dome lights in my 2012 with LED's. I really like them. The only light left in my interior that isn't LED is the tiny bulb over the parking brake. I have no idea what size LED I need to replace this to complete the conversion. Anybody know? Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
you might want to check out the Sticky titled bulb reference guide. But I think you are referring to the courtesy light where the gas and brake pedals are located which is a #74

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Disconnect that pos light and use the wires for footwell led strips :thumbsup:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
408 Posts
T5 or footwell led strips... ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So tell me a little more about the LED strips. It looks like V-LED sells some sort of strip kit that comes with 2 strips and some sort of Y connector so you can light up both foot wells. So where exactly do these mount?

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
So tell me a little more about the LED strips. It looks like V-LED sells some sort of strip kit that comes with 2 strips and some sort of Y connector so you can light up both foot wells. So where exactly do these mount?
Double sided sticky tape and then plugs into the bulb socket.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
If you can solder you can buy a 5 meter roll of led strip off eBay for like $15 instead of vled.

Advantage of vled is plug and go. Disadvantage is price.

They mount shining down into your foot well. To the little piece under the airbag. Passenger side same place but no airbag is there.

I used the eBay strips and cut them to length. Used them to light footwells on both sides front and rear.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did a quick search. I gotta do this. For those that used the plug-n-play version, did you disconnect the plug from the back of the dash so you could hide the cord behind the dash or is the plug down there far enough that any cord showing is too discreet to worry about?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts