·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TOYOTA TUNDRA limited 4X4 - TRD

2001 Tundra Limited 4x4
188,xxx miles
He is asking 10,250k
Truck comes with a nice toolbox and almost new 33" tires.

CarFax came back clean. Timing belt was replaced around 100k (about to need it again). Two owners - non-smokers. Truck is very clean and appears very well taken care of. I called a buddy who works at a local dealership and he says its worth about $9500. NADA and KBB price it at $9750.

I currently own a 2004 Tacoma but have never owned a tundra with the 4.7L V8. How much life is left on one with 188K assuming it been taken care of. If it was the 3.4L V6 I would not have any worries.

Just want some confirmation from some of you guys who know way more about Tundras than I do.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not knowing where you live, I have a 2005 Limited 4X4 Tundra AC that had 109,600 miles on the odo when I got it, It came with a sprayed in Line X bed liner and a nice shell along with an extra set of wheels and tires for 20k, But I live in Colorado and 4 wheel drives ( even used ones ) seem to command more money than in other parts of the country. I have all the maintenance records for the truck since it went out of warranty until the day I got it and it was very well taken care of. Tundras definitely hold their value more than the other big 3 truck makers. The guy I got my truck from was buying a new 2013 Tundra and the dealer was offering him 17k for his/my 2005 without the shell and extra set of wheels and tires, so I didn't feel bad about what I paid PLUS looking into Craigslist also verified that what I was paying was what they were going for here in Colorado.
If the truck your looking at was in-fact truly well taken care of you should have no worries. I heard someone on this forum that knows a guy that has 340,000+ miles on his Tundra and all the money he has spent on it was for timing belt changes, fluid changes and tires ( things you HAVE to spend money on ), and it has the original engine and drivetrain still in it !!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have a 2001 tundra Rwd with 175k miles... It's worth 5000...

I would pay 7000 for that truck... The limited leather and all the other features are not too important after ten years...

The main thing after ten years is motor and frame... And please check to make sure the timing belt was changed at least once at 90k miles.. You can change it at 190k miles...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have lots of confidence in the 4.7 motor and the 5.7 motor... I should know I own both...

The only thing about buying used cars is you have to be very cautious...

You cannot trust people now a days like before...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts