·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I wouldn't go a penny more than free

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for movig this thread. I thought there was a pricing cataogory just missed this AM. Juggling too much :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
I bought my 2010 TRD (NOT Limited) with 22k one year ago. At the time I paid about $25,000.

Seems a comparable purchase, minus the "Limited". Is that worth 13 grand?

Oh, mine is a double cab. Is the truck in question a CM?

·
Registered
640 Posts
So, using my experience as a baseline, I'd say 25k plus the cost of a CM plus the cost of "Limited".

A 13k differential seems high. I'd aim between 30 and 35. Maybe others who have priced out Limited vs non-Limited and/or CM vs DC could weigh in.

Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have bought from Johnson before. They are very proud of their inventory. Check with Mountain States first. When I bought my 2012 CM, Mountain States was cheaper on new than most people were on used.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am willing to pay fair price not bend me over price. My Tundra is running just fine and I have nothing but time. I may have USAA buying service handle since my work schedule is so bad this week.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think that's way too high. I paid $30,000 for my 2013 Double Cab. I think $38,000 for a model that's two years old is a bit high.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I paid $32.5 for my leftover 2011 limited TRD DC 4x4 with 25 miles (43.7K sticker price) Granted a leftover is not always easy to find but if it helps you for comparison.
It sounds too high for a used truck even tho the miles are low. I bet you can find a better deal on a new truck if you shop a bit more.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am specifically looking for used just so I do not have to pay the premium price for a Tundra. I know that years ago when the economy sucked the sale of cars and especially trucks took a dump and people got great prices on new. Seems that they are getting premium for new and used right now. I can wait for the right deal and we have not even started negotiating.

From what I understand a fair price should be closer to $30,000 rather than $40,000 for this vehicle.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I paid 38,600 with running board... 13" 5.7l CM rock warrior trd , I believe it's a fair price. Their msrp is around 42-43k..

Can't really compare it to a DC since they are way cheaper than a CM model

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yea, too high. Too high to even start as a negotiation point. You can by new for that amount. Do some research, Edmunds, Cars.com and see what comparable trucks are going for.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the input gentlemen. I am working this weekend and have been too busy to even try getting up to the dealer and play the game with them. If it is still around next weekend then I will give it a go. I forgot about my good friend who is part owner in a used car business. He looked on his database and told me what the wholesale price for the vehicle is and stated the amount they were asking is at the high mark and I should start closer to $34,500. I already have loan approval through USAA so financing is no problem. Will post the results.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dealer unwilling to move on the price. I am unwilling to pay that price. Will keep looking. Thanks for input.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looked at new as suggested. Through USAA buying service got a quote for the same vehicle, Tundra, 5.7 (not flex fuel), TRD, Limited, Crew Max, Nav package, Tow package, moon roof, $42,000 after discounts and rebates. 1.99% apr with USAA loan and drop another 0.25% using their purchase program dropping the rate down to 1.49%. So $38,000 for used or $42,000 new, I choose the new. If I decide to purchase will post pics. I think that is a very fair price for the truck and options listed. I know it will run as well as my current one and would not consider anything else unless Toyota brings a diesel to market.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts