Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 5.7L Double Cab Short Bed with stock headlight covers that I smoked out myself... so what is the highest range of Kelvin LED bulb I should use in my headlights but all while keeping my headlights CRYSTAL WHITE (no blue)??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I don't know much about lighting and I don't really want to trial and error buying different K's until I find the right one. Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
x_posts
the higher the kelvin degrees the darker the color (e.g. 6000 is fairly blue, 8000 starts turning purple)

~4300K is typically what most factory HID setups put out (the whitish color), stock halogens are 2700-3000K

·
Premium Member
x_posts
All great answers with (almost) no sarcasm.
See what happens when you post in the correct area?

·
Registered
x_posts
Look at some 5000k output photos.

Thats what I am trying to aim for. It seems most vender options will only offer 4300k and 6000k. On the wife gripe meter, anything less then 4300k is "they look yellow" and anything 6000k and up you hear "blue, why do you have blue headlights, they look ugly".

Just my $.02

·
Registered
x_posts
you will see a variation with the Kelvin numbers but 4300-5000 is usually white or crystal white. Ive seen 6000k as Chrystal white.

Remove the tint its going to screw up the color and output

·
Registered
x_posts
I had 5300 kelvin in my 2011 and to me they looked pure white but it depend on your eyes color perception. To be safe I would get 5000 K. That is still very white.

·
Registered
x_posts
I have always liked 5000k best. I have had 4300 and 6000 and 7000 and didn't like them as well. Always come back to 5000 being my favorite for pure light and bright but not yellow or overly blue.

x_y_of_z_posts