Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to look up my private party or trade in value on my truck as I am trying to sell it because I can no longer afford the payments. A guy asked me what the NADA value was and I don't know how to classify it as far as limited or TRD or what.

I have the 4.7L and 2WD.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Do you still have the window sticker? It should break out the cost of the extra added items...then just add them to the nada? KBB? Might have to depreciate them some if they are worn or in a "used" condition.. or even better send a email to the XSP place and ask them what costs are added.. good luck and sorry to hear about the situation.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I went through this when I sold my 2011 TRD Crewmax. I paid $39k for the truck, TRD package cost like $4k. At the time I tried to sell it, KBB and NADA said the truck was worth $32k.

Problem was that the dealers would only offer $24k because their "Black Book" told them that was what is was worth. Went to 2 Toyota dealers and numerous other dealers in Arkansas and couldn't get any higher. Waited a few months while I moved to SoCal, then tried again. Same thing here, all the dealers (including 3 toyota dealers) kept telling me that it was worth $24k-$25k.

finally convinced a Subaru dealer to give me $29k for it in exchange for paying MSRP on two brand new subarus.

I took a bath, but I regretted buying a crewmax from the beginning. Lesson learned. Packages, even from factory, are worthless. lol you shoulda seen all the grief I gave my gf when I had to buy the rock warrior package because it was the only black 4x4 double cab in SoCal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts