Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question about warranty maybe somebody will have some input. I bought the 100k mile warranty when I purchased my truck from Toyota, now my question is If I never used it would I b able to get that money back? I thought I saw somebody on here say that so I'm curious. Thanks in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,701 Posts
It's like buying insurance. Do you get any money back at the end of the year for not getting in a wreck? Some extended warranty companies do 1/2 back if you never use it.

· Registered
167 Posts
If you don't use your extended warranty at all, you've got a good truck! :)

I know I put the longest Toyota extended warranty available, 7 year / 200,000km (125,000mile) on my Tundra. Extended warranty can be good for resale value down the road.

I have seen extended warranties that give you money back at the end if you don't use them, but I'm pretty sure the Toyota extended warranty that I got is not that type.

· Registered
789 Posts
The only way I know of getting back warranty refund is if you sell or trade the vehicle. I had an extended warranty on my Tacoma that I traded in and they didn't give me money back but they did use that refund towards my down payment on the Tundy

· Registered
97 Posts
Have a question about warranty maybe somebody will have some input. I bought the 100k mile warranty when I purchased my truck from Toyota, now my question is If I never used it would I b able to get that money back? I thought I saw somebody on here say that so I'm curious. Thanks in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
If that is "dealer offered" you might be getting a refund of a portion of the cost, but if it is "Toyota" warranty there will not be any refund unless you sell the truck.

To many things complicate the issue when/if you deserve a refund for not using the warranty. They could include "tire repair" for a nail and that would count as "use." Also, most of those warranties require you to get ALL service including normal required maintenance done at the issuing dealership.

It should all be in the paperwork that you signed.

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.