Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure what forum to put this in so here goes:

I bought a 14 2 WD TSS SR5 DC in December of 2014 from Toyota of Rockwall.
I made a few mods to the truck before the first 5K service.
One of things was replace my chrome hood bulge with a painted one,
As well as replacing my chrome grill and headlights with a TRD Pro grill and TRD Pro headlights.
Several service guys and managers oohed and aahed over it that day.

Today I went in for my 15K mile service and found this on the showroom floor.
A stock 2016 4X4 TSS with a TRD Pro grill, Iron Cross front (with winch) and rear bumper, Nitto 305 55 20s, a cheap 3/1 leveling kit, some LED fogs in the front bumper.
I don't understand why they kept the chrome headlights and they should have put TRD Pro headlights on it.

The truck had some nice standard options, Entune premium, 38 gallon tank, the mostly cosmetic TSS package, 4X4, this was the sticker after OEM options..
Fairly standard price for the options on it.

So lets figure the dealer add ons out and about what they cost if we purchased them (ballpark estimates);

Black badges $200
Painted hood bulge $200
TRD Pro grill $400
Front bumper $1200
Rear bumper $900
Winch $800
Tires $1200
3/1 leveling kit $150
LED fog lights $200

Total $5250 + labor

Are you ready for this?
$9500 for labor?

Anyway, I did ask my service guy about this clearance of the tires and he said they sell this Tundra with the stock TSS wheels with 305 55 20 all the time with no issues.
But I think I'll start a separate thread on that.

Reactions: StormTrooperRW

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
yeah i have seen that

a dealer west of here had a cheapo leveling kit on the truck and said it was $10000 worth of add-ons.

..........right

on my 2012 i literally took the bilsteins to the dealer and had them place them on the top perch for 250 labor installed.........with alignment.

there is a sucker born every day.

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
LMAO 62K for that

poor sucker will buy it

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i have seen that

a dealer west of here had a cheapo leveling kit on the truck and said it was $10000 worth of add-ons.

..........right

on my 2012 i literally took the bilsteins to the dealer and had them place them on the top perch for 250 labor installed.........with alignment.

there is a sucker born every day.
That dealer wanted 4 hours of labor @ $125 an hour plus $100 for alignment to install my 6112s.
I had a local suspension shop install my 6112s and rear 5100s for $300 with alignment.

I just find it odd that a Toyota dealership is dressing up a TSS SR5 to look like a TRD Pro.
Hell, for $62.5K at least put leather in it..:eek:

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
That dealer wanted 4 hours of labor @ $125 an hour plus $100 for alignment to install my 6112s.
I had a local suspension shop install my 6112s and rear 5100s for $300 with alignment.

I just find it odd that a Toyota dealership is dressing up a TSS SR5 to look like a TRD Pro.
Hell, for $62.5K at least put leather in it..:eek:
...And real leather at that, none of the fake crap these car companies use that cracks and starts coming apart at the seams in a few years...oh and you'll want heated and cooled seats as well...they get very cold in the winter, and very hot in the summer LOL.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Saw what looked almost exactly like what you described when i took my truck in to a dealer here in San Antonio tuesday for the 20k service.

i didnt go look at it closely but had to drive by it due to the route to service dept.

i wanted to but didnt feel like getting hassled by salesmen so i just read a book and ate my free popcorn

·
Registered
818 Posts
Toyota of Rockwall.

Good people and never had a problem with them, but found it odd they did this.

It's not uncommon for most dealerships to do something like this. You should see what jeep dealerships do to wranglers with crappy parts and then price them at. It's utterly ridiculous. But as long as you have stupid willing people to buy them, it will never change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Meh...once the inside side wall wears in enough from rubbing on the uca, itll be fine.....said no juan ever.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
saw the same 63K sticker for a lifted pro . someone bought it too

Reactions: Angel Morejon

·
Registered
615 Posts
I want one...

Wasn't sure what forum to put this in so here goes:

I bought a 14 2 WD TSS SR5 DC in December of 2014 from Toyota of Rockwall.
I made a few mods to the truck before the first 5K service.
One of things was replace my chrome hood bulge with a painted one,
As well as replacing my chrome grill and headlights with a TRD Pro grill and TRD Pro headlights.
Several service guys and managers oohed and aahed over it that day.

Today I went in for my 15K mile service and found this on the showroom floor.
A stock 2016 4X4 TSS with a TRD Pro grill, Iron Cross front (with winch) and rear bumper, Nitto 305 55 20s, a cheap 3/1 leveling kit, some LED fogs in the front bumper.
I don't understand why they kept the chrome headlights and they should have put TRD Pro headlights on it.

The truck had some nice standard options, Entune premium, 38 gallon tank, the mostly cosmetic TSS package, 4X4, this was the sticker after OEM options..
Fairly standard price for the options on it.

So lets figure the dealer add ons out and about what they cost if we purchased them (ballpark estimates);

Black badges $200
Painted hood bulge $200
TRD Pro grill $400
Front bumper $1200
Rear bumper $900
Winch $800
Tires $1200
3/1 leveling kit $150
LED fog lights $200

Total $5250 + labor

Are you ready for this?
$9500 for labor?

Anyway, I did ask my service guy about this clearance of the tires and he said they sell this Tundra with the stock TSS wheels with 305 55 20 all the time with no issues.
But I think I'll start a separate thread on that.

At the Lexus showroom...

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
not to mention the factory parts that they take off what happens to them? shouldn't you get a credit for those parts or at least get those parts so you can sell them, you paid for them.

Reactions: sungod

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ouch....that is priced very high. Toyota is getting greedy.

Every time I think about selling my 2007, I know I would be lucky to even get 25% of $62,000 for it despite it has 78K miles on it and a supercharger so I just end up keeping it since it is paid off.

It is a nice truck but I agree that the headlights should have been swapped out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.