Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

3721 - 3740 of 4336 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I also swapped out for the 6.75" antenna because mine kept hitting my garage door.

Kept the factory one under the back seat in case it is needed on a long trip.
Mine kept hitting too after i had the TRD Pro shocks installed. Tried the Stubby and lost too much reception, so I ordered a 27" that looks like the OEM. Now the antenna misses the garage door and I get the same reception as the 31" OEM antenna.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Installed the stubby antenna and it works great. Takes maybe a second or two longer to latch onto the HD signal, but other than that I have noticed no difference on any of the stations I listen to.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Got it's first oil change at 5039 miles.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Installed LED Tailgate light bar and T connector for clean look.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bed rail install

Installed the Toyota bed rail system on my 2016 super white cm

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just installed the TRD rear seat bar
- holy cow what a difference!!

Also installed BAMuffler 6” system

Color matched mirror and door handles

Started my Full stereo install...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think I finally found the problem and got rid of the annoying C1333 open abs circuit that has been rearing its ugly head for the past year or so.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
I think I finally found the problem and got rid of the annoying C1333 open abs circuit that has been rearing its ugly head for the past year or so.
Well.......
Are you just gonna leave us hanging?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lol, yes...

Short story long, that code has been popping on and off for some time, mostly when wet or humid. A while back I found a nick in the wire near the rear harness (near the dif) connecter with minimal if any stands left. Repaired it and came back. Replaced the sensor, which I didn't think it was but just to eliminate it and was an easy attempt, came back.

Well, on Monday, it was really raining and all the ABS and VSC were firing like crazy while driving and also felt like it was going in and out of a limp mode, which made for a very scary drive. Honestly, if I felt like the dealer was actually going to diagnose the problem and it was a reasonable price, I would have brought it in but I figured they keep throwing multi thousand dollar parts at it until it stopped. Since I already have brought it in 3x and almost a 4th with problems regarding abs errors.

Went straight home and started ripping into the wire harness. Oddly enough I found another cut in the same wire in the middle of the harness (not exposed at all). The harness runs across the top of the exhaust and makes a turn along the frame to go towards the front of the truck. It was about 6-10" into the run forward.

I ended up cutting at that point, verified 12v, verified the open in the piece I took and replaced the 2 wires all the way back to the sensor and feels like a million bucks.

That wire, and only that wire, had a few nicks along the length I cut out and these where areas where the wire was in the harness, nothing exposed. I'm wondering if the wire had issues from the manuf or got damaged during assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
My stuff is pretty boring - just got the truck Tuesday (2010, 125k miles, SR5 DC).
- Installed bug deflector
- Installing vent visors tomorrow
- Installing running boards tomorrow (Westin R5s)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed my new TRD Pro Grill today. I do like a little chrome but the big SR5 grill was a bit too much for me. Well done to Sparks Parts for super fast delivery and terrific packaging!

Attachments

3721 - 3740 of 4336 Posts