Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what it says.
What does LIMP mode do?
I know it cuts power, but how? Why does it do it? What systems does it effect? Why the CEL light, VSC, and 4LO lights for LIMP mode(why not just a LIMP light)
Can someone please explain to me the details of LIMP mode?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Normally, after several hours of driving down beers, a man will be more horny than a three dicked billy goat.
He then goes home and tries to be a loving man.
It starts off ok and then the limp mode light pops on above the mans head...then the other one heads straight down. You can slap it, talk dirty to it...only time will take care of the limp mode light. The limp mode condition usually causes embarrassing times of going slow, very poor performance and a thumbs down from your lady. Limp mode is usually from operating outside the designed limits.

Hope that helps. I no longer drink a twelve one packs if I don't want to see limp mode.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I was gonna post a detailed description. After that post I'm laughing too hard to form intelligent sentenances.

Someone is gonna post the really answer son enough.

·
Registered
352 Posts
That was pretty good though......

Limp mode is really your truck telling you that something is wrong and continuing to operate it in its current condition could potentially damage something else. Toyota's can bus system operates with all the ecu's comminucating to each other so if there is a potential damaging condition with your ABS system it tells that to the other systems and in turn shuts all your systems down going into protection mode. Allowing you to "Limp" into the dealership or shop without causing further damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts