Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to work a deal on a RCSB TRD, and finding Toyota doesn't deal like the other dealers I have had great luck wildling away at!

Its either take the 0% for 60, or 1.9% for 72,, and lose the big rebates. Or take $5k off msrp and finance on your own.

I keep telling them that they are only using factory cash as my discount, you guys need to discount this on your end. They come back and say, well Sir, your getting this $1k under our invoice. We are basically giving you the truck at no profit,,,, lolol,, ya right.

I then say your getting kick backs and hold backs from Toyota, of which I have no idea how much that is. They counter, your also getting our holdback.

I usually LOVE dealing with these car dealers, get 2-3 involved,, BUT
this RCSB trd is hard to find. Only one in my town, and only 4 others in the area for them to go after.

I know the '14s are a month out, and my best deal can be had then,, but whats up with the way Toyota works their deals?

Thanks a bunch guys.

FYI, a good read is the little book called, "How to out negotiate anyone, even a Car Dealer".

·
Registered
540 Posts
I know what you mean about them being difficult to deal with. I think it comes down to supply/demand. Toyota trucks are always in demand and they just don't need to discount as heavily as other manufacturer's dealerships, there are plenty of people that will pay their asking price.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Highest profit right now on new toyotas is 2500 at invoice on avalons so if its at true invoice they will either brake even to just move a unit after paying everyone involved, make very little, or loose a little. They make their money on ur trade, finance, ext war, and end of month payout from Toyota.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya that's what I thought too,,, slaes manager said my sales person might have misspoke,

but if you wanna do $5k off,, lets do it , lets do it right now,,, lol he was getting upset, loud.

Then said, you WILL finace through me for 120days thou. I said ? at what rate.

He said between 3.9% and 17% , depending on your credit.

At least I got him uptight,,, that's how you know your getting near the bottom of the barrel.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts