Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying a Highlander in the near future for the family and Toyota is offering $1750 cash back incentive. What does that really mean? It seems like $1750 off MSRP is still a pretty lame deal. I'm sure when I bought my Tundra is was around $4k off MSRP and even my go cart Civic was still $2500 or so off MSRP. Does the $1750 mean anything at all or should I haggle as low as possible and THEN bring up the cash back and $500 military discount? Just trying to get the numbers and game plan right before I walk onto the lot. Thanks!!

Nick

·
Registered
103 Posts
Haggle first. Always.

That cash back is for the short sighted. Usually you finance the whole amount and then they give you the cash back. So you pay interest on it. Dumb!
(Feel free time correct me if I'm wrong).
I always tell them to shove it with the cash back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You negotiate for the best deal. While discussing price make sure you and the sales person agree whether you are talking about the price before or after the 'cash back'. Dealers like to include the cash back in their quotes because it gives the lower number. That's OK as long as you understand that during negotiations.

Typically, you can get either low financing (zero or near zero percent these days) or cash back, so make sure you understand the terms before you sign.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts