Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

About to go on my first real towing trip with the Tundra and my hauler.

Its a 23ft Hauler, with 4 bikes in it, about 8500lbs

P3 Instructions say set to 6, see if it locks up adjust accordingly.

I set it to 6, brakes great, but not locking up. Don't think i want to try to lock it up! :)

Curious, how much PSI yall running in your bags and what are you P3s set at?

I also have an Equalizer brand WDH.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
For the airbags, measure rear wheel well opening from the top of the wheel(rim) with the truck unloaded. Once the load is applied to the truck, re-measure again the wheel well opening. Add air to the bags to get to the first measurement (unloaded). Record the air pressure you put in the bags for future reference.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the airbags, measure rear wheel well opening from the top of the wheel(rim) with the truck unloaded. Once the load is applied to the truck, re-measure again the wheel well opening. Add air to the bags to get to the first measurement (unloaded). Record the air pressure you put in the bags for future reference.
Great thanks! Sounds simple enough!

Appreciate it!

Excited for my trip!!! :)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Towing I run 30psi passenger side and 20 psi drivers side and that is with a 1/3 of the bed loaded with firewood, and that keeps the truck level with my Equalizer hitch. Prior to my front lift, I did not need bags and the truck sat with the back end still a little higher than the front with the same towing setup.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Towing I run 30psi passenger side and 20 psi drivers side and that is with a 1/3 of the bed loaded with firewood, and that keeps the truck level with my Equalizer hitch. Prior to my front lift, I did not need bags and the truck sat with the back end still a little higher than the front with the same towing setup.
What's the reason for the difference in psi in the bags?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Keep in mind that some brakes will not lockup even with full voltage. Just keep dabbling with it until it feel like the truck is not being pushed through the intersection, and so it doesn't feel like the trailer is braking for the truck (like its grabbing the truck backwards... Hard to explain, easy to feel).

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts