Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll get the ball rolling on this, should be a good thread that will hopefully turn some people on to the truck.

I am 6'2", the headroom and legroom is perfect.

I also have back problems from military service. While test driving the other trucks at the lot, I just couldn't get comfy in the seat. After about 30 minutes into the Tundra's drive, I felt real good.

Another thing that I like, be it a small detail, is the little close-able container under the window switch. It's perfect for my little roadside flashlight, small knife and for my ID's on the way to work.

Reactions: andyl6868

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
back up camera...power back window...lots of power...over all badassness

Reactions: sanchez

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
Crewmax.
I like comfort of the seats. Did a 5k trip and my knee and lower back didn't bother me at all. In other vehicles, I've had my knee and back bother me after 20 min.
I like the tailgate assist.
I like how much cubic space is in the bed, under the tonneau, for tools, gear, etc. Seems pretty big for only being 5.5' long.
I like the excess room for rear passengers and adjustable rear seats.
I like the power rear window.
I like the live axles and TRAC system for snowy road conditions.
I like the power of the 5.7 and the 6 spd.
I like that it has a stout suspension and can handle being loaded, yet still rides nice for a truck, when unloaded.
I like the tight turning radius for a full-size truck.
I like the HD rear diff.
I like that I can order a Toyota-specific supercharger for it and bump it to 500hp, and it will be warrantied.
I like the color (spruce mica).
I like it's history of reliability and owner satisfaction.
I like how they ran the brake lines along the upper firewall in the engine bay, to keep them as far away from corrosion and damage as possible.
I like that I bought a base model and it came standard with all the creature comforts and features that would have cost me $5-10k more if I bought a different truck with those same options.
I like that it has 2 glove boxes.
I like the extra storage compartment under the center seat in the front. (Bench seat).
I like how bright the headlights are and that there's a perfectly flat cutoff of the beam along the top of the projection.
I like that I can adjust the angle of the headlights from in the cab.
I like HD C-channel frame.
I like the HD brakes.
I like that they put air bags pretty much everywhere. Including knee/shin bags.
I like not worrying about repairs or failures.
The only thing I don't like is how easily the paint scratches. But it's a truck and gets used like one. So, I guess I'll let that one slide.
There's a few more. Those were off the top of my head.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Geezus man...cliff notes?

I just like everything :D

See, how hard was that?

Ok..ok...ok...I do like the roll down back window, that shit is tits! :lol:

Crewmax.
I like comfort of the seats. Did a 5k trip and my knee and lower back didn't bother me at all. In other vehicles, I've had my knee and back bother me after 20 min.
I like the tailgate assist.
I like how much cubic space is in the bed, under the tonneau, for tools, gear, etc. Seems pretty big for only being 5.5' long.
I like the excess room for rear passengers and adjustable rear seats.
I like the power rear window.
I like the live axles and TRAC system for snowy road conditions.
I like the power of the 5.7 and the 6 spd.
I like that it has a stout suspension and can handle being loaded, yet still rides nice for a truck, when unloaded.
I like the tight turning radius for a full-size truck.
I like the HD rear diff.
I like that I can order a Toyota-specific supercharger for it and bump it to 500hp, and it will be warrantied.
I like the color (spruce mica).
I like it's history of reliability and owner satisfaction.
I like how they ran the brake lines along the upper firewall in the engine bay, to keep them as far away from corrosion and damage as possible.
I like that I bought a base model and it came standard with all the creature comforts and features that would have cost me $5-10k more if I bought a different truck with those same options.
I like that it has 2 glove boxes.
I like the extra storage compartment under the center seat in the front. (Bench seat).
I like how bright the headlights are and that there's a perfectly flat cutoff of the beam along the top of the projection.
I like that I can adjust the angle of the headlights from in the cab.
I like HD C-channel frame.
I like the HD brakes.
I like that they put air bags pretty much everywhere. Including knee/shin bags.
I like not worrying about repairs or failures.
The only thing I don't like is how easily the paint scratches. But it's a truck and gets used like one. So, I guess I'll let that one slide.
There's a few more. Those were off the top of my head.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice. And, I forgot to add my model, but it's in the sig so it works. Keep it going guys!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
yes that assisted tailgate will spoil you and cause you to drop your other tailgates hard lol

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
All kidding aside, I don't like everything about the truck.
But, those few little things are so insignificant, they're not deal breakers and hardly worth whining about.
Even though there's a whole thread full of that shit. :crybaby:

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
All kidding aside, I don't like everything about the truck.
But, those few little things are so insignificant, they're not deal breakers and hardly worth whining about.
Even though there's a whole thread full of that shit. :crybaby:
I'm about the most A.D.D.-est mofo you'd ever know. This truck has kept my attention for 4 years and I've found nothing wrong that gives me an idea to move on to something else... that's sayin something. (Although all toys are always for sale for the right money). I have no desire to even sit in and test drive anything newer, or another brand. That fancy dancy technology upgrade crap ain't worth a crap to me.

I like my steering rack :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Well besides the obvious power, rear window, cabin room, ride, I sat beotch in the back on the way back from the lake....

Putting your legs up on the center console, the air vents blow right up the shorts cooling off the boys and boosting the sperm count. :lol5:

·
Registered
185 Posts
The fact that even stock, it turned heads.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I love everything about the truck.:D
Actually a couple things bother me but are tolerable.

5.5' box is too short. The 6.5 standard box should be made available on the Crewmax.
The gas mileage is poor but if gas were still $2 a gallon, I wouldn't complain.
Tailgate rust issue.
Cheesy gray/silver paint on gauge panel and console.

That's really about it for the obvious stuff.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 52 Posts