Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,869 Posts
Er...wrong thread :dunno:

Don't bother to ask Toyota for any advice, they must have a new owner and his decision is final and has no boss...

We are sorry for the concerns you are experiencing with the Rock Warrior Wheels on your 2011 Tundra and we regret to hear of your dissatisfaction in this matter.

According to our records, a Toyota Case Manager has thoroughly reviewed your situation and concerns. We note that the Toyota Regional Representative in your area also reviewed all information pertinent to your case, and rendered a decision, declining your request on behalf of Toyota. The decision rendered by this individual represents Toyota’s position.

Our review of the case indicates that all of Toyota’s guidelines have been followed and we concur with the decision. We appreciate this opportunity to further review your request.

If you have any updated information you would like reviewed, please contact your Case Manager, Mr. Jerry Ramos at 1-800-331-4331 x73872

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
163 Posts
Any tips to painting the shocks? I've seen mention of installing the perches on the fronts. What else?

What all did you tape up before painting?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Are you sure you want to revive this crazy thread?

Light spray, multiple coats, let each layer dry thoroughly. Tape up anything you don't want painted (I taped off the spring perch even though it may not look like it in the picture). I taped up most of the threads, but it was probably an overkill.

I applied multiple coats of red paint and multiple coats of clear coat (took me several days). It might have been an overkill, but I didn't want to do it again. So far, they are holding up well.

With newer rear shock with black plastics, you will have to tape off an larger area.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
One thing I forgot to mention, make sure to sand the shock body before you paint. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it need rough surface for the paint to stick better.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts