Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OME shocks/struts come in today and I can't stand yellow on my truck. Looking for suggestions on what color to paint the housings. My truck is silver sky and everything is blacked out. Coachbuilder got a close enough match using a rustoleum grey. I'm leaning towards that or even a dark red or crimson. Anything but yellow, yuck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Either black or red. Congrats, by the way. Keep us updated how the installation goes. Are you planning to get some uca's or not?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Colormatched and maaaaybe a small pink pinstripe :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
I left mine yellow. After you paint them they will eventually get rock chips and look worse IMO. My fronts are rarely visible unless im parked with my wheels turned. it's mostly the rears that you see anyway. And after I put on 35's, it will be even harder to see the yellow.

It really isn't a big deal, unless your OCD kicks in and you have to do it so you can sleep at night. :)

Plus the yellow lets everyone know my truck means business. Lol

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: 2010

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I left mine yellow. After you paint them they will eventually get rock chips and look worse IMO. My fronts are rarely visible unless im parked with my wheels turned. it's mostly the rears that you see anyway. And after I put on 35's, it will be even harder to see the yellow.

It really isn't a big deal, unless your OCD kicks in and you have to do it so you can sleep at night. :)

Plus the yellow lets everyone know my truck means business. Lol
The pink on 2010's lets men know he means business.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Either black or red. Congrats, by the way. Keep us updated how the installation goes. Are you planning to get some uca's or not?
No UCA's here. Not at all in the budget. I went with the 612's and a shim on each side from coach. Hoping to get ~3-1/2. If alignment looks bad ill just take out the shim.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Oooh NO!!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Better bring your "A" game with crew. He brings heavy duty bumpers to the business meeting. And he likes it in front, and the back. Ggggrrrooowwwll.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back on topic. Feel a little dirty. Coach- did you say it was rustoleum silver metallic you used. Black to me would just look OEM. Trying to add a little style and flare you know?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Back on topic. Feel a little dirty. Coach- did you say it was rustoleum silver metallic you used. Black to me would just look OEM. Trying to add a little style and flare you know?

Rustoleum Steel Gray is the color I used and picked it up at Home Depot. Scuffed the mustard yellow and then 3 coats of color followed by 3 coats of clear. Be sure to install the lower spring perch where the coil sits before painting. After the paint is on the perch won't fit around the strut body without scraping all your new paint off :(

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rustoleum Steel Gray is the color I used and picked it up at Home Depot. Scuffed the mustard yellow and then 3 coats of color followed by 3 coats of clear. Be sure to install the lower spring perch where the coil sits before painting. After the paint is on the perch won't fit around the strut body without scraping all your new paint off :(
As per the usual....thanks coach.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Man, you guys are gonna start the silver/pink trend here.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
JFC...2010 can't keep no damn secrets :yikes:

I'm just glad he didn't tell everyone that he came to my house and we played fort, and twister, and had a circle jerk...cuz that would be a bunch of lies.
I am actually really good at keeping secrets but I figured since David had like 36 dudes over for the slumber party it was not really much of a secret...also, I guess I can talk about the little "get together" at your house now since you let the cat out of the bag :bounce:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts