Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
What he said ^^^

Seen a few of our ferds with the 6.0 do that... can't lubricate well with coolant mixed in, and also with oil in the coolant, and then also when it uses all the coolant and overheats...

There may have also been a lack of maintenance there that caused the initial head gasket failure... Such as never changing the oil... Seen a few lease vehicle engines that looked like that, one made it 30k miles without an oil change or adding or anything... Customer claimed they changed it themselves, yet had absolutely no records of ever doing it and it was an oem filter yet no record of ever going to a dealer or anything.... Was a friend of my sisters, they were a total cheap ass and figured it was a lease so they didn't care..

P.S. if you mean the fudge sludge, mmm, I like ice cream.

Reactions: shatto and Ogtoyfan

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Looks like it ran hot with crap oil, probably Pennzoil.

Reactions: shatto

·
Registered
486 Posts
By the looks of your pictures, it could be a case of mineral-based motor oil turning into sludge from an engine running too hot. Toyota had a horrible problem with their 3.0 V6 motors in earlier Sienna mini vans about 10-12 years ago. In those vehicles, their solution is running fully synthetic oil. I'm wondering if Kia had the same problem with this particular motor? That's my best guess.

·
Registered
413 Posts
man, someone got that thing stupid hot to melt down like that...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Seen a few of our ferds with the 6.0 do that... can't lubricate well with coolant mixed in, and also with oil in the coolant, and then also when it uses all the coolant and overheats...
Hahahaha that is a 6.0L for you!

And yeah I still have mine. No it still doesn't work. Someday when I have time...

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts