Decided I had enough of the corrosion. It was just too ugly to look at

Before

Upgraded to an odyssey extreme with military clamps

What setups are you guys running?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Why you guys getting all that nasty stuff?
Not sure about 2Gen Tundras, but, OEM original battery leaked and was a mess within 2 years. Took it out when I started building my engine bay and donated to my brother.

I am using Red Top and having no issues at all with it. I know some folks claim they die quickly, but, not in my case. I am using a tender charge due to low use
and never have a problem starting the baby up, even when it sits for 5 months in winter storage. (she is allergic to salt!! :eek:)

My setup:

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Decided I had enough of the corrosion. It was just too ugly to look at

Before

Upgraded to an odyssey extreme with military clamps

What setups are you guys running?
You live in Cali and you got corrosion on the bracket??? :confused:

Haven't you ever put a little Petroleum Jelly around the terminal to slow down any corrosive effects? That's like battery install 101. :D

At least you've got a new setup, so take care of it!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Took her in to the dealer, they said I have "corrosion on the battery terminals - it must be because you have a lot of lights on the interior of your car" um... Interior LED lights will corrode the battery terminals?

Someone tell me why I go to the dealership for maintenance?

Its the 1200watt amp and 600watt amp. ...And plus the LED lights....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
361 Posts
I notice mine is starting to leak as well.Clamp has some currosion.No add ons as far as any thing to draw a lot of juice.Ive allways run optima since before they were on the market and only industrial use on big rigs.But I have heard a decline in there products performance.Last one I had lasted threw 2 vehicles and both had high power draw stereo systems.Dry cell so no currosion.

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My 07 finally having to replace. Replacing cables a must as well?
depends. mine had a lot of corrosion and that corrosion actually works its way up the cable, so if you have significant corrosion it would be a good idea.
but they were not replaced, just about a foot off the end was chopped off, replaced and extended due to the design of the battery.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts