Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kindof kits/set ups are you runninn?

Personally I'm using the ddm kit. Not the cheap ass raptors that they sell but the good ones. I love it. I'm runnin 12k 55w lo's and hopefully will be getting matching hi's and fog's soon.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
I have V-HID's on the way. 35w lows and fogs 5k. let ya know soon. they are the digitals

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I put on the high end V-LED HIDs a couple of months ago. I'm real happy with them but I have to wonder if I payed too much for the same quality I would of gotten from DDM. I was mostly concerned about price when I saw the $30box they came in. :eek: In any case I trust V-LED as all of the other products I purchased from them have been top notch. You won't be disapointed in the quality for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did it make a real big difference useing the HID's vs the stock headlight?

I know that the stock ones are a lot brighter than the Jeep i used to drive. I'm just courious it is is worth the investment?

Thanks for yourtime.

John

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Yes they are totally worth it regardless of some of negative articals posted. I put them on because of the early morning driving I do and they really make anything reflective glow well beyond the stockers. I even did the H-9 bulb upgrade prior to the HID install. The bulb upgrade was a big difference but the HIDs blew them out of the water.

If you choose to do the install order the 35w 5-6k as they are street legal and all you will need or want.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
I put on the high end V-LED HIDs a couple of months ago. I'm real happy with them but I have to wonder if I payed too much for the same quality I would of gotten from DDM. I was mostly concerned about price when I saw the $30box they came in. :eek: In any case I trust V-LED as all of the other products I purchased from them have been top notch. You won't be disapointed in the quality for sure.
THANKS for the feedback. mine should be here today. they took a week to ship for some reason

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm running the Xenon Depot Xtreme HID slim digital H11 kit.
HID Conversion Kit, HID Lights, LED Tail Lights, and many more auto accessories... -Great people, Excellent quality kits. They even give you a decent set of work gloves for the install!
Mike or Steve will take good care of you too.

Installed them yesterday. They come with the relays too if you want to use them. I did, but other members have reported no issues without using relays.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
DDM 55w 8000k for my lows i love these things i live out more in the sticks and the only street lights are right in front of the house and on the way home i can pull over in the farthest right lane and still can light up wayyyy out past the 5th lane on the other side

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tundra HID Kit
im running this 100x times better then the oem.
as you go higher number the light became more blueish. The best is the 4300K and around./the more standard looking/
I have the 6K , i like it if its a little bit blue.

Rob

·
Registered
484 Posts
DDM 55w 5000k for my heads and DDM 35w 5000k fogs. Also have the DDM 55w 5k heads in the 4Runner. Hell, I just replaced the sealed beam headlights on my chevy astro work van and put in aftermarket headlight assemblies and a 6k HID kit.

·
Registered
331 Posts
DDM "cheap ass" Raptor kits, as the OP called them is what I'm running. I think its been proven already that the cheaper raptors actually work better. The only reason the other kit is more money is the smaller ballasts. I couldn't believe the quality of the DDM Raptor kit for only $25! The ballasts seem very robust. I installed 35 watt 5k's in the headlights and 35 watt 3k's in the fogs. I can't imagine running 55watters. I feel bad for people in cars that are in front of me at stops! The 35 watt HID's are crazy bright compared to the OEM halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im thinking on putting HID's on my truck. When changing bulbs, will this affect the adjustable headlights? for 2011 Rock Warrior CM, i have that 0-5 knob adjustment where i cant adjust my headlights level (ie, bed is heavy lower the headlight level). Do i need code eliminator?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im thinking on putting HID's on my truck. When changing bulbs, will this affect the adjustable headlights? for 2011 Rock Warrior CM, i have that 0-5 knob adjustment where i cant adjust my headlights level (ie, bed is heavy lower the headlight level). Do i need code eliminator?
i dont see why you would if the bulb just pops out and unplugs.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
the light from an hid and a halogen project differently, i run with mine set at 1.5 with my 5k V-Leds HID's. it wont affect the use of your adjusters, matter of fact the ONLY reason i decided to do hid's is because i can control the "cutoff line" of the light by adjusting it so i'm not blinding everyone. they work GREAT as long as you dont go with the heavy colors because your eyes cant use that type of light well. 4300-6000 kelvin is the best "usable" light. anything over that and you start to loose usable light. hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whats up guys. I am in the market for HIDs but there are so many out there one would worry about buying the wrong or cheaper ones. I dont mind spending the extra dollar as long as its a good product. I see most of you put the DDM ones in. Sorry for a novice question but is DDM the brand? Where do you purchase these?

Also I would love to install some Halo's to go with HIDs but just about every posting says unless I want damange done then to not do this. Are there Halo's out there which already equipped and made to use HIDs with? Please send me some links and feedback would love to buy a pair for x-mas or put this on my list :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts