Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that I Had several postings just disappear shortly after I posted. Like they were Deleted

Couldn’t figure it out for a while. Only thing I can guess is maybe I didn’t post them in exactly the right forum so they are just being deleted? Seems like their are An excessive amount of subforums. Too hard to know where to post.

Either way. Not exactly the best way to handle it , imo

No warning or messaging or moving of the posting? Just deleting?

let me know if I am missing something

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, the "new" is a little too different. I keep hoping I will get used to it. But I totally agree with you guys, there are way too many sub forums. This is a Tundra site, why is there a "whiskey" and and "music" conversation??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well I think I am out of here. thanks to all that have helped out and contributed all long the way, but I am going to delete account and go to the “other one”

Really pissed that my post were just deleted over and an over. Just asked questions in the general tundra discussion, apparently that was the wrong forum ??

Like I said. No warning. No moving post, or even a pm to say I didn’t post in correct forum

Hint to the mods. Don’t chase people off. Consolidate some of the subforums. When you have numerous places that aren’t getting posted to in over a week than you have too many. Clean it up a little and don’t delete members honest posting just because you feel they weren’t in the right section

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Yeah, the "new" is a little too different. I keep hoping I will get used to it. But I totally agree with you guys, there are way too many sub forums. This is a Tundra site, why is there a "whiskey" and and "music" conversation??
You posted this in a thread in the "off topic discussion" forum. Think about that, my dude.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I haven't been here on this board in a long while. HOLY SCHMOLY. This is "new" is horribly confusing. Sometimes (most of the time?) new doesn't mean better.

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,495 Posts
I haven't been here on this board in a long while. HOLY SCHMOLY. This is "new" is horribly confusing. Sometimes (most of the time?) new doesn't mean better.
New and better are not synonymous.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
New and better are not synonymous.
I concur with the above.

The same thing happened to XDtalk.com.
I spent several years there until it became corporate(?) and bland.
I understand these forums need to make money, but not at the expense of the members enjoying spending time here.
That is my issue, I don't enjoy spending time here anymore.

It is odd my favorite forum, the one I spend the most time on, is owned by one individual, not a corporate entity.
It is a firearm forum, but there is plenty of non firearm related conversations.

Don't like the 'upgrade' or the direction of this forum is headed.
Thanks to all that helped me over the years with info, mods, and general conversation.
It is the general conversation and BSing I don't see here anymore.

Yes I could leave silently and go on with my life, but the owners or powers that be of this forum should know they are running off long time members.

I'm outta here..
Perhaps see y'all over at Tundras.com
Be safe..1LL

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Bizarro Bully.gif

Right on. It used to be a lot more interesting here when we still had the thumbs down option ~ where did that go, anyway ?

Like rats jumping off a sinking ship the folks have vacated.

And so it goes . . .

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I concur with the above.

The same thing happened to XDtalk.com.
I spent several years there until it became corporate(?) and bland.
I understand these forums need to make money, but not at the expense of the members enjoying spending time here.
That is my issue, I don't enjoy spending time here anymore.

It is odd my favorite forum, the one I spend the most time on, is owned by one individual, not a corporate entity.
It is a firearm forum, but there is plenty of non firearm related conversations.

Don't like the 'upgrade' or the direction of this forum is headed.
Thanks to all that helped me over the years with info, mods, and general conversation.
It is the general conversation and BSing I don't see here anymore.

Yes I could leave silently and go on with my life, but the owners or powers that be of this forum should know they are running off long time members.

I'm outta here..
Perhaps see y'all over at Tundras.com
Be safe..1LL

Is Tundras.com where everyone went? Sure looks like a much busier place.

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,495 Posts
Is Tundras.com where everyone went? Sure looks like a much busier place.
It seems like I remember lots of us started out over there then it was a split between Tundrageeks and Tundrasolutions as those had much more traffic. You already know about the migration here from TS, and now it appears to have gone all the way back around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts