Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a blast, lots of mustangs .....lots of corvettes.....and a brand new Bently , the guys said he paid over $200,000 for it and it was sweet.....there were a few diesels and some rice rockets.....I got in 15 runs in 2 hours...my first run guess who pulls up beside me....yep, mr. bentley needless to say i lost that one he was running 12.6s all night...i had several runs
by myself...then a run with a new G8, he beat me by a little.....a couple of mustangs beat me and several corvettes beat me....but i didn't lose them all....lol...i ran a grand prix gtp and beat him a few times and some 6 cyl mustangs and a few 4 bangers and a silverado.....then the bentley lines up with a dodge mega cab with 8 inches of lift and the doge runs a 12.3 to the bentley's 12.6...i bet that old dude had a priceless look on his face.....on one of my other runs i ran a viper, you all know how that one played out..but a powerstroke beat him so i felt a little better....lol my reaction times came down a lot ....from the .400s to a .099......heres a few pics...

my 60 ft times would have been better but i wasn't getting the best starts, i had a 15.01 run were i spun through most of first....I'll post some more pics tomorrow and a vid of my run with the bently

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Great story Laremy, and nice pics. looking forward to the vid.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sweet.

I'd actually like to get to the track soon and run my '95 vette against my '08 Tundra. I'll let my wife drive the truck.:D

Also got to get the truck on the dyno to see what numbers the Toyo 5.7 pulls, against the dyno runs I've done on the 5.7 LT1 vette motor.:cool:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got more pics and a couple of vids, just couldn't upload them b4 i had to go to work, i'll try to get them up tomorrow

·
Registered
459 Posts
Great stories. Were the mustangs you were running against modded? How close was it?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only mustang that i ran against and talked to the guy said he had a k&n intake and 4.10 gears, he ran 13.6s all night and just about all the other mustangs were running pretty close to those times, so i think must were stock, maybe a few of the average bolt ons....we were puzzled by his car, his 1/8 mile was just a tad faster than mine but froom then on, he picked up speed quick, the guy said he though it would be the other way around, but who knows....he was trapping some high speeds....so GTs = 13.6-13.8 a few trans ams were running 13.7 -13.8 and the new g8 was a 14.0-14.1 a couple of times, my race with him was fun, i thought i had a chance since we were so close at the 1/8 but he picked up speed a little quicker than me after that point

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ready to get the sc yet?:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts