· Registered
207 Posts

· Registered
508 Posts
Noooooooooooopooooooooooooo :(

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude, you live in Ft. StJohn...aren't you guys rolling in $$$ up there? :)
I do ok.. :) I didn't have to sell the thing.. But when someone offers me my asking price.. I couldn't say no.. I've prob used the box once.. And.. It's not very economical for driving back n forth to work.. Goes through so much gas in town it's redic.. If I bought a car as a daily sooner , I prob would have kept it.. Oh well..

· Premium Member
1,938 Posts
I do ok.. :) I didn't have to sell the thing.. But when someone offers me my asking price.. I couldn't say no.. I've prob used the box once.. And.. It's not very economical for driving back n forth to work.. Goes through so much gas in town it's redic.. If I bought a car as a daily sooner , I prob would have kept it.. Oh well..
I thought this when I sold my 2011 DC and got into an Explorer. Less than a month later in a 2012 CM.

I understand the gas thing though. I think next will be a 4Runner or Landcruiser. I want to wait until the kiddos are older though and out of car seats, so eight years or so?

· Cereal Killer
20,993 Posts
The last time I was in Fort St John we had finished our day and were heading over to The Keg for dinner. We walked past a bar in the center of town when some drunks accosted us with the usual request for gas money to visit his sick uncle in Calgary etc etc.

One of them didn't seem to appreciate my comment about his Rolex and the location of local pawn shops, so he started swearing at me in some kind of click language. I can tolerate copious amounts of verbal abuse when I know I will get to vacuum up a 14 oz steak within half an hour.

· Registered
3,750 Posts
The last time I was in Fort St John we had finished our day and were heading over to The Keg for dinner. We walked past a bar in the center of town when some drunks accosted us with the usual request for gas money to visit his sick uncle in Calgary etc etc.

One of them didn't seem to appreciate my comment about his Rolex and the location of local pawn shops, so he started swearing at me in some kind of click language. I can tolerate copious amounts of verbal abuse when I know I will get to vacuum up a 14 oz steak within half an hour.

You mean French? :D
if you were that hurting and broke up there I would assume you would die from being out in the cold. Here the homeless can survive with a blanket and some newspaper.

· Registered
14,312 Posts
I guess as long as you are happy then be happy.

You are 2328 miles, 36 hours away or 2290 miles, 38 hours away from me, I found that extra 2 hours yet only 38 miles to be really odd. I guess one way is dirt road for an hour at 25mph or something. I dunno.

I would say if it kills you in fuel get something different. I at one time had a 2500hd crew chebby and then I bought a jetta.... I ended up realizing the insurance cost made up the difference. I happen to like to buy shit. It is a tendency of sorts I guess. Anywho, I have been good since then. Jetta got 25ish city and 31 hwy while avg speed was 95. so it was good, and fun, just two cars isn't realistic if it is for a shortish commute.

what is your hooptie you are driving now if I may inquire?

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

They had a Keg in fsj?

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess as long as you are happy then be happy.

You are 2328 miles, 36 hours away or 2290 miles, 38 hours away from me, I found that extra 2 hours yet only 38 miles to be really odd. I guess one way is dirt road for an hour at 25mph or something. I dunno.

I would say if it kills you in fuel get something different. I at one time had a 2500hd crew chebby and then I bought a jetta.... I ended up realizing the insurance cost made up the difference. I happen to like to buy shit. It is a tendency of sorts I guess. Anywho, I have been good since then. Jetta got 25ish city and 31 hwy while avg speed was 95. so it was good, and fun, just two cars isn't realistic if it is for a shortish commute.

what is your hooptie you are driving now if I may inquire?

The fuel didn't kill me. Being a single guy, no kids, no debt really, except for the truck... It just kinda pissed me off that I was putting a tank in every week, and I am a 5 minute drive to work. That adds up to almost another car payment a month. If ever I wanna go on a road trip down south to the bigger cities for a weekend, its hundreds of dollars on gas. It just grew annoying. I am sure I will regret selling it. It was my only vehicle, and when I sold it I kinda thought the deal would fall through so I didn't plan on buying another vehicle, anyway.. buddy came through.. So, I went out and picked up a mk4 jetta diesel.. This is also going to help me put a ton of money away for a downpayment for a house..

· Registered
14,312 Posts
My jetta was a mk4, but turbo gasser, 1.8l.

I actually really like that body style more than any newer styles.

I only drive 10-15 minutes to work, I can get 2 weeks out of a tank, but I know what you mean. It is the drive 20 miles to gfs house twice a week, and everything else...

I still like driving what I want. If I didn't have a quad and like to camp I would likely have a mustang or maybe a new Chevy SS when they are released (yes, a chevy again) and have a beater kee or wrangler for winter, maybe even a blazer or trail(wannabe)blazer... lol. something with 4x and a beater.

I have had my eyes on a wrangler a buddies mom owns, just she doesn't wanna let it go, it sits there, has had mice in it, top sun rotting out... yet she wants to keep it claiming she will drive it more... Ohh well, eventually she will want to sell it and I will be there with cash in hand.

· "The Closer"
10,370 Posts
so now i'm the only dutch tundra driver on this forum, again... :dunno:

it doesn't even make me happy...

good luck with making up your mind, i can understand gas prices made you sell it...

:D dikkie :D

· Registered
8,147 Posts
I know I really don't need this truck, but I would not sell it (I used the truck bed a few times, but it was not really necessary. I towed zero times so far). But then again, I fill up the truck only once a month. My last tank was free and it looks like my next will be free as well (I use FuelPerks).

I understand if you have to pay for $400 every month for fuel, it adds up pretty quickly. If it pisses you off every time, it's not worth it. Good luck and you could still hang around the forum. There are quite a few non-Tundra owners on the forum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.