Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
****UPDATED RESULTS ON PAGE 5****

Last month, I posted a WTB wheel spacers in the classified ad's

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/buy-sell/120699-wtb-hubcentric-wheel-spacers.html

and member FF Almeida responded he had a brand new set and to PM him.

FF Almeida said:
AbsolutGT said:
Thanks for letting me know you have a set.

My offer would depend on brand, do you remeber where you bought them from?

eBay? wheel adaptor.com? bora? LRO?etc...

just let me know and we can go from there, thanks!
they are from wheeladapter.cm they cost me almost $400 brand new shoot me an off if interested i would just rather see them put to use than sitting the their box in my garage
he clearly states that they are from wheeladapter.com and I was completely upfront and honest on how I felt about the deal

FF Almeida said:
I appreciate your honesty and i would like to recoup some of my cost but like i said i really would like to see these go to a good home. I can work with your offer. What is your zip?
AbsolutGT said:
$400 ouch. I dont know how long ago you bought those and I dont know if you know this, but they dropped their price on their spacers to $365 shipped.

I do not want to be rude or even attempt to lowball a member of TT bc I know you'd want to attempt to recoup some of that money.

To be honest, I was looking at the trailsport spacers pretty heavily as a couple members had good luck with them and they are hub and wheel centric for a lot less $228 shipped.

I was hoping there was some members that had some used ones they took off after getting different wheels and lower offsets but yours are brand new! I'm done with aftermarket wheels after all the issues I had with fitment to vibrations with two different sets, so I'm back on the BBS wheels with 34's but just wanted them to flush up with my fender flares a little more.

I'm not looking to spend a lot of money just in case I don't like them, so I'm probably not going to go over the $228 mark.

thanks for offering them up to me though.

FF Almeida said:
AbsolutGT said:

they are from wheeladapter.cm they cost me almost $400 brand new shoot me an off if interested i would just rather see them put to use than sitting the their box in my garage
I threw out my offer and was shocked that he was willing to take my offer as I found new ones that were wheel and hub centric for less than $300

FF Almeida said:
qouted 19.78 for shipping through usps which was cheapest of fedex. ups, and lazership. Lets call it $250 shipped and we have a deal it is a great price and like i said if you could get the use that it deserves then i dont care about the hit. You will not be disapointed. my paypal is: [email protected]
AbsolutGT said:
Wow, really? 31909.

Thanks, and just let me know!

FF Almeida said:
I appreciate your honesty and i would like to recoup some of my cost but like i said i really would like to see these go to a good home. I can work with your offer. What is your zip?
AbsolutGT said:
$400 ouch. I dont know how long ago you bought those and I dont know if you know this, but they dropped their price on their spacers to $365 shipped.

I do not want to be rude or even attempt to lowball a member of TT bc I know you'd want to attempt to recoup some of that money.

To be honest, I was looking at the trailsport spacers pretty heavily as a couple members had good luck with them and they are hub and wheel centric for a lot less $228 shipped.

I was hoping there was some members that had some used ones they took off after getting different wheels and lower offsets but yours are brand new! I'm done with aftermarket wheels after all the issues I had with fitment to vibrations with two different sets, so I'm back on the BBS wheels with 34's but just wanted them to flush up with my fender flares a little more.

I'm not looking to spend a lot of money just in case I don't like them, so I'm probably not going to go over the $228 mark.

thanks for offering them up to me though.

FF Almeida said:
AbsolutGT said:

I am quite honestly disappointed that this member straight up lied to me. When I opened the box today, and saw that they were clearly not hub or wheel centric and then to find there wasn't even lug nuts included...upon searching further, I found the paper with the warranty and return process for the spacers, which are for PE.Motorwerks that are sold on Ebay.

4 1" 5x150 to 5x150 Hubcentric Wheel Spacers Adapters for Toyota Lexus 14x1 5 | eBay

I paid $250 shipped, and these did not even cost him that much, they are $154.95 shipped from ebay and come with lugnuts.

I am hoping that he did not order these and saw what they were and then tried to unload them on another member, but it's looking that way.

I have already filed a PayPal claim, and stated that I want my $250 back, plus the $19.78 for shipping to ship them back to him, because I should not take the hit for him not being up front on what brand these really were.

I guess this is not a good month for the military members on TT getting scammed and ripped off.

Reactions: pazorell69

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Reactions: Mickey and riccnick

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is tough. Sounds pretty rigged to me
so on top of them not including any hardware that they originally come with, they are all nic'ed and scratched to shit, it doesn't look like they were mounted, but the faces of these things looks like someone took a hammer and nail and beat scratches and dents all over them

·
Registered
507 Posts
Bro.....that is not cool, blast his rating.and add him to Sam fishers blacklist.

Reactions: AbsolutGT

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't put that crap on your truck, I bought bora just 2 weeks ago for $235 shipped for 1.5 on all corners. Brand new from their eBay store. Awesome product and fitment
these will never touch my truck.

I worked very hard and this truck was my latest deployment gift to myself and it's my fault that I took someone for their word on brand and then the price difference...I clearly said I don't want to screw a member out of money and was going to pass but looks like I'm the fool for going for something too good to be true

·
Registered
376 Posts
these will never touch my truck.

I worked very hard and this truck was my latest deployment gift to myself and it's my fault that I took someone for their word on brand and then the price difference...I clearly said I don't want to screw a member out of money and was going to pass but looks like I'm the fool for going for something too good to be true

Possibly one of the worst things to cheap out on, did you question him about it? What does he say?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Possibly one of the worst things to cheap out on, did you question him about it? What does he say?
I agree, which is why I specifically asked brand. When he said they were wheeladapter.com brand then that's the cream of the crop...sadly that is not what I received.

No answer from him yet.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
What exactly do the two F's in his name stand for?...bet we can guess..
we are waiting Mr. Almeida

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I'll take fukface for $200 please Alex

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Hey AbsoluteGT,

PM me your addy.

I've got a set in my garage with your name all over them. 1.5 inch spacers, lugs included, hub and wheel centric, but off eBay. I ran them without issue for about two months. All I ask is that when you get the chance, pay it forward.

I hope you get your money back from that douche. I hate shit like that. We all work hard for our money and to have some low life straight steal ain't cool. Hopefully getting a free set makes up for the nonsense. I believe in karma and man, she can be a bitch.

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Hey AbsoluteGT,

PM me your addy.

I've got a set in my garage with your name all over them. 1.5 inch spacers, lugs included, hub and wheel centric, but off eBay. I ran them without issue for about two months. All I ask is that when you get the chance, pay it forward.

I hope you get your money back from that douche. I hate shit like that. We all work hard for our money and to have some low life straight steal ain't cool. Hopefully getting a free set makes up for the nonsense. I believe in karma and man, she can be a bitch.
Hellz yeah! Tundergas is the bomb. Learned today that the creator of ebay said the one thing he has learned from creating ebay is that total strangers can trust each other. Thanks for proving this.

AbsolutGT, please pay this forward and send AQHunter and Mother Medusa new subs in sub boxes with their name on it. :lol5:

·
Registered
409 Posts
On a nonrespectable note id say forget about the money, say lesson learned, wait till the middle of the night, launch those bastards through the bedroom window of the return address, then return the package to him empty with a note that says get f*&@#d. Trust me itd be worth it ha

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Another Charlie Wenzel thread? Oh no! Sub'd!

Reactions: riccnick

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
so on top of them not including any hardware that they originally come with, they are all nic'ed and scratched to shit, it doesn't look like they were mounted, but the faces of these things looks like someone took a hammer and nail and beat scratches and dents all over them
Here is how wheeladapter.com spacers look like when they arrived

Hey, he tries to get some of his taxes money back :D. Most of the people think that their taxes money being uses to take care of us military. $hit i paid taxes up the rear end too. Good luck buddy i know you will get your money back. If not, try to get a hold of the local law enforcement and they will pay him a visit the same day :D.

Reactions: AbsolutGT
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.