Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

801 - 820 of 1203 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Lots of people saying they voted for the Supreme Court picks, gun rights, taxes etc. I personally voted to have the right to grab a hooch whenever I like. Gonna try when I go to my daughters school function this evening. I'll let you know what it is like. :)

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #802 (Edited)
Haven't spoken to the mother in law. She was not staying with us last night. Her last fb post was a little before the election. Then some memes related to Armageddon and the world coming to an end right about when it became obvious, then she went dark. The wife had passed out on the couch while I continued to watch and track the vote counts on the laptop. Once he went over 100 electoral votes and I started to see a little bit of worry in the ABC commentators I sensed something unexpected might be happening. When I saw him a couple points up in Florida with the pan handle still un counted I knew he'd take that and it would be a real race. When I saw him a couple points up in the firewall states with significant amounts of vote counted, and the commentators started to all turn white with Stephonopoulos looking like he was trying to pass a brick, I pretty much knew what was coming.

When the wife woke up I told her I'd come home that night planning to break out a bottle of whisky. I was going get smashed, and then congratulate her like a good sport when she got to see the first woman President win. I was generally prepared to be a good sport and be happy for the two of them, but that's not how it seemed to be working out. She hates Trump, but she understands how I feel about the Democratic party so I didn't have to sleep on the couch or anything last night. She is engaging in some of the hyper-pessimistic hysterics that other liberals are but told me she doesn't hold it against me.

Next time Mother in Law visits I expect we might have words though. As lunatic as her politics are, I kinda feel bad for her. She wanted to see a vagina touched the chair before she left the earth. She deified Hillary the way her and everyone else treated Obama in 08. She's sycophant level 10 in these last few election cycles. Worships the ground these people walk on and has been talking about Hillary winning for about 2 years. I'm kind of glad she wasn't sitting there with us when this all happened.

I can't stomach facebook right now, maybe not for awhile. I can't deal with all the hysterics, people acting like minority groups are going to be marched onto box cars and trucked off to concentration camps on January 18th. It's rather depressing to see what drama queens some of the people I know are. If she would have won I would have drunk myself stupid, been bummed for a few days, then moved on with my life. I can't handle all these people lashing out at everybody who voted against her. They're all going on about garbage like what to tell their kids and how to survive under fascism for the next four years.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, I've largely avoided social media today; not that I'm a regular on Facebook or what not. But people have lost their damned minds.

If I did, this would be my message:

The world hasn't ended. The sun will rise again. There will be football this weekend. Christmas will likely still go on as scheduled. Breathe. Relax.

Then again, it's a consequence of the overhype that the media sprinkled all over this election, painting it as the Battle of Armageddon. More than that, so many people are stuck in an echo chamber where they hear and interact with no one except those who agree with them. Hence, their total shock that a very sizable portion of the country disagrees with them.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Haven't spoken to the mother in law. She was not staying with us last night. Her last fb post was a little before the election. Then some memes related to Armageddon and the world coming to an end right about when it became obvious, then she went dark. The wife had passed out on the couch while I continued to watch and track the vote counts on the laptop. Once he went over 100 electoral votes and I started to see a little bit of worry in the ABC commentators I sensed something unexpected might be happening. When I saw him a couple points up in Florida with the pan handle still un counted I knew he'd take that and it would be a real race. When I saw him a couple points up in the firewall states with significant amounts of vote counted, and the commentators started to all turn white with Stephonopoulos looking like he was trying to pass a brick, I pretty much knew what was coming.

When the wife woke up I told her I'd come home that night planning to break out a bottle of whisky. I was going get smashed, and then congratulate her like a good sport when she got to see the first woman President win. I was generally prepared to be a good sport and be happy for the two of them, but that's not how it seemed to be working out. She hates Trump, but she understands how I feel about the Democratic party so I didn't have to sleep on the couch or anything last night. She is engaging in some of the hyper-pessimistic hysterics that other liberals are but told me she doesn't hold it against me.

Next time Mother in Law visits I expect we might have words though. As lunatic as her politics are, I kinda feel bad for her. She wanted to see a vagina touched the chair before she left the earth. She deified Hillary the way her and everyone else treated Obama in 08. She's sycophant level 10 in these last few election cycles. Worships the ground these people walk on and has been talking about Hillary winning for about 2 years. I'm kind of glad she wasn't sitting there with us when this all happened.

I can't stomach facebook right now, maybe not for awhile. I can't deal with all the hysterics, people acting like minority groups are going to be marched onto box cars and trucked off to concentration camps on January 18th. It's rather depressing to see what drama queens some of the people I know are. If she would have won I would have drunk myself stupid, gone to bet, been bummed for a few days, then moved on with my life. I can't handle all these people lashing out at everybody who voted against her. They're all going on about garbage like what to tell their kids and how to survive under fascism for the next four years.

But plenty of vagina touched that chair during bill clintons presidency. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,751 Posts
Where did that ever come up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yak said it... I know he didn't mean to say that but

Lots of people saying they voted for the Supreme Court picks, gun rights, taxes etc. I personally voted to have the right to grab a hooch whenever I like. Gonna try when I go to my daughters school function this evening. I'll let you know what it is like. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
I want to congratulate all of you who were diehard Trump supporters for these last couple months.
The election results really took me by surprise, but I guess Middle America really wanted the country to go in a new direction.

So far, Trump is saying all the right things and I sincerely hope he continues to play nice.
It's also nice to see Obama reach out to him so quickly. Like him or not, I think Obama is a class act.

I just read an analysis that said the country was also skeptical about Ronald Reagan. That turned out pretty well.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #810 (Edited)
Yeah, I've largely avoided social media today; not that I'm a regular on Facebook or what not. But people have lost their damned minds.

The world hasn't ended. The sun will rise again. There will be football this weekend. Christmas will likely still go on as scheduled. Breathe. Relax.

Then again, it's a consequence of the overhype that the media sprinkled all over this election, painting it as the Battle of Armageddon. More than that, so many people are stuck in an echo chamber where they hear and interact with no one except those who agree with them. Hence, their total shock that a very sizable portion of the country disagrees with them.

IF we could have had a campaign on the issues people might not be on such an emotional roller coaster right now. But all the unnecessary fear mongering and references to Hitler and Fascism set us up for this. They thought if they threw everything but the kitchen sink at him as far as race hysteria it would have worked. But he won anyway, so everybody with brown skin thinks they're going to be shipped off to the camps in train cars since that's what they were told for the last several months.

People will lose their minds for a little bit and then hopefully get on with their lives.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I have some folks so mad I'm dead to them. Facebook is really bad right now.

CNN is in mourning, can't understand how they got it so wrong. Then one guy says it's all racist, another it's those uneducated white guys, a third calls it xenophobic and all their black, muslim and latino friends are afraid to leave the house. Who is name calling and being insulting meanwhile they don't get why HC lost?

I'm not sure this will blow over so easily. Actually HC and BO gave pretty good speeches to help with transition. They and the rest of the establishment are shaking not sure how far this revolution will go or how much anger the DNC supporters have, along with the Bernites frustration in the party. I just hope peeps calm down and give it a chance. BTW DOW just hit new historic high.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #814 (Edited)
Martha Radditz was choking back tears last night. Some of the ABC panelists were honestly admitting the media missed a lot of big things here. A couple of the usual suspects were making it all about race. The general theme seemed to be complete shock that after months of journalists and celebrities telling Americans how to vote, people didn't do what they were told.

In this election you have a country full of angry cops who are tired of Democratic politicians with an agenda bum rushing police shootings before the smoke clears and encouraging the whole country to jump to conclusions about what happened.

You have blue collar workers left behind.

You have black people who didn't come out for her in the same numbers that they did for Obama because nothing has happened in their lives in the last 8 years that made them feel a sense of urgency to come to the polls and ask for more.

You have people who are pissed to see race riots and terrorist attacks happening on American soil.

You have people tired of things like the federal government writing letters to every school in America telling them which gender goes to which bathroom.

For the left it boils down to the Angry White man's last stand against brown people. They just cannot process the idea that a large part of the country got tired of living under their ideology.

·
Registered
402 Posts
CNN is in mourning, can't understand how they got it so wrong. Then one guy says it's all racist, another it's those uneducated white guys, a third calls it xenophobic and all their black, muslim and latino friends are afraid to leave the house. Who is name calling and being insulting meanwhile they don't get why HC lost?
I think you are right. The liberal democrats, helped along by the media, try to make almost any reasonable discussion about Islamic extremism, national sovereignty, and illegal immigration politically incorrect topics. In their zeal to label the views of others as having to be nefarious, they only helped to create a wave of expression yesterday. It was more than a just a vote, it was really a middle finger to the whole bunch of them- including the republican establishment I might add.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #816 (Edited)
This was an election about the American voters asking for a break from radical liberalism and making the party answer for 2 years of inciting chaos and anarchy. It's what I told my wife last night. The Democratic party lost in 1992. It forced them to re-evaluate themselves and move back from the far left toward the center to re-align with most of the country. Now they'll do a postmortem and come to the same conclusions as they did 25 years ago. It's actually a much healthier thing for the Democrats than if the country had given them positive reinforcement last night. Had that happened by the end of Hillary's term local police departments across the country would need DOJ's permission to fart, we'd all be on single payer, we'd be saddled with a stack of new entitlements we can't afford, and the Supreme Court would be little more than a tool to codify unconstitutional executive orders.

·
10,631 Posts

IF we could have had a campaign on the issues people might not be on such an emotional roller coaster right now. But all the unnecessary fear mongering and references to Hitler and Fascism set us up for this. They thought if they threw everything but the kitchen sink at him as far as race hysteria it would have worked. But he won anyway, so everybody with brown skin thinks they're going to be shipped off to the camps in train cars since that's what they were told for the last several months.

People will lose their minds for a little bit and then hopefully get on with their lives.
Are you suggesting there was a misrepresentation?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Just bought this painting. Trump wins holding pu$$y.
Ok guys, didn't mean to offend, (Wife was not happy) the painter does everyone as a parody, some of the Obama stuff has been on TV and in magazines, name is Dan Lacy.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DanLacey?page=1
Actually he just calls it "Trump Wins", the viewer takes it where they want to.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Now, I was the poster child of a reluctant Trump supporter. However, this election did a number of things:

1. It ended the Clinton dynasty
2. It ended the Bush dynasty
3. It is going to destroy Obama's legacy
4. It crushed the credibility of MSM
5. It ensured the sanctity of the Constitution

All of that in a matter of hours. Even for libertarian types like me, I can't be disappointed with any of those outcomes. Well done, America.

801 - 820 of 1203 Posts