Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear TundraTalk.com Community Members,
Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.
We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.
The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!
This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.
Thank you for all your support!
~ Community Support

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts
So THIS is why the search function never works for new folks! Thanks for addressing this, lol.
The search function doesnt work for anybody. If you really want to find something use google and type:

Code:
site:tundratalk.net "search term"

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
The search function doesnt work for anybody. If you really want to find something use google and type:

Code:

Don’t be telling us to code. We are coal miners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
I dunno. I get worried any time I hear about improving the user "experience". Seems like it's always more bloated, more ads, more scripts doing God-knows-what, and the next thing I know visiting a web site is bringing my browser to its knees.

Prove me wrong, please!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Code:

Thanks for the suggestion when seaching for something.

In a related question, is there a way to "save" certain pages, links, etc?
I tried to save a page (for example, reference page to all the bulbs for my 2012 Tundra), but was unable or unsuccessful in any case.
If anyone can help me or others learn how to do this, it would be a great help down the line when I get around to the many upgrades
I have seen you all do and would like to do myself!

Thanks, Matt

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion when seaching for something.

In a related question, is there a way to "save" certain pages, links, etc?
I tried to save a page (for example, reference page to all the bulbs for my 2012 Tundra), but was unable or unsuccessful in any case.
If anyone can help me or others learn how to do this, it would be a great help down the line when I get around to the many upgrades
I have seen you all do and would like to do myself!

Thanks, Matt
With the current software, you can “Subscribe” to a thread.

With the upcoming software update, I believe you can have Favorites or Bookmarks. But we won’t know that for sure until it’s released.

You can always print a post to PDF.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thanks for an effort to address issues.

Sure hope it’s not the one McLaren Life went to. Ruined the site.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Search works for me? :dunno:

Anyway, looking forward to the new site!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Go take your meds Slim.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
He's gotta finish reading the threads he printed out at the local Kinko's and then start jotting down his replies on a yellow lined notepad that he gives to the local millennial to post on his behalf.

After that, he watches Jeopardy and does the crossword.

Then a glass of whole milk with the meds before bed.

Good news is he'll see this at 4:15 in the morning when he starts his day after a full 8 hours of sleep.

He is gonna HATE the new site for sure.

·
Administrator
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello all,

There were some additional complications with the migration of the community and we have rolled the site back until we can investigate further.

We have pushed the date back to TBD for now and will announce once we know more.

Jeff M

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.