Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wipers work just fine but when I try and use the washer fluid, I get nothing! Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
First off, check fluid. That should be a gemmie. Had to say it tho.

Other then that use an air compressor to blow the lines back into the fluid tank. Once you did that pull the tubes off both spray nozzles and blow through both ways. I think you have some debris build up. Air compressor will handle it.

If not check for cracks in the tubes from the tank to the spray nozzles on the hood. Then check and make sure the little pump in the tank is getting power.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
does the motor make any noise when you flip the switch? Motor is attached to the bottom of the reservoir.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I haven't updated this. It was the washer pump. $30.00 and a half an hour of my time and all is well.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I'm a dumbass and tried using my washers while the nozzles were likely frozen. When I did it the first time I could hear the pump. When I tried later I can no longer hear the pump when I select the washer.

I checked the 20a fuse near drivers side kick panel labeled "wsh" under the wiper and checked another 30a fuse in the engine bay labeled "f/pump". Both were good.

Can you guys think of any other things for me to check before I have to suffer through a visit it the dealer?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
ugh thanks av8,
ambient temps are above freezing now, the fuse is def good, im surprised the the fuse didnt blow if the pump was frozen. this is partially my fault, sucks i have to burn time at the dealer now to have it fixed. it was around -3F, the fluid may have been diluted from left over water from spring time. but youd expect the stupid fuse to go first...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts