Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to buy my new wheels/tires. I have looked at alot of different set-ups on here trying to decide 18 or 20" wheels 33 or 35" tires. I had pretty much decided on Fuel Kranks in 18x9 20mm offset and Terra Grapplers in 295/70r18, and wouldnt you know it, Kranks are back ordered for 4-6 weeks...:mad:

Since they are back ordered, I need to choose something else or wait the 6 weeks until they are available. The truck is a Pyrite Mica 2010 Crewmax SR5 with TRD offroad package. I will be running the LRO 3/1 kit.

What would you suggest? I somewhat like the Hostage's in black or Mavericks in the black/milled. Anything else I should look at? Would you stay 18" or go 20"? I drive 90% of the time on the street so I'll likely stick with the terra grappler as there wasnt much anything else in the 295/70r18 size. If I went up to a 20" wheel, should I go 20x9 or 20x10? What size tire would you suggest? 295/60r20?

Just when i thought I had it figured out...:rolleyes:

· Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mrwheeldeal.com

No one local had any that I could find either.

· Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Looks like it may just be the +20mm offset that is causing the delay. Looks like I can get +14 or +25. What would you suggest if I was going to be running stampede pocket flares?

· Registered
542 Posts
+14 mm offset. I've got +20, and I stick out just as much as I want without flares. I can't imagine going any less with flares. Not that 5 mm one way or another is going to be much of a deal breaker.

Reactions: bproffer

· Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So after a few PM's between Discount Tire and myself, he suggested that I may want to go with a local Discount Tire store. So I called up one a few blocks from my house and they can get me what I want and are willing to match what Discount Tire Direct was going to be able to do for me. Problem is, they says the Kranks are back-ordered with no ETA... When I asked about all the offsets, he said his vendor said nothing that will fit my current set-up...whatever that means. I am going to have them recheck in the morning or I may just have to bite the bullet and either wait or choose different wheels. :(

· Registered
542 Posts
That sounds like the same thing I had to deal with, and then they magically appeared in my size and offset after a little bit of back-and-forth.

· Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope so. I may have them check the 20" wheels. I really wanted to stay with the 18's but the 20's are growing on me. Just don't like the extra associated cost.

· Registered
508 Posts
18's will save you money everytime you buy tires, and are preferred for offroad use, not sure if you do that, and the guys at discount don't always know what they are talking about. GL hope you find what you want.

· Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not much off-road use, only occasionally when camping or going to the dunes. I do pull a BBQ trailer every so often.

· Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Wheels and tires are ordered! After seeing how good the Throttles looked on Red_rum's ride, I decided to go with those instead of the Kranks. 18x9 +20mm Throttles and 295/70 Terra Grapplers. Cant wait. They should be here first of next week, so I need to get cracking on installing my LRO 3/1. Going to re-use the TPMS sensors out of my stock wheels.

The few days I have to wait are going to feel like forever...

Reactions: Red_rum

· Registered
508 Posts
Awesome man! I was gonna tell you in that other thread to get a set and then I saw this! I could hardly sleep last night and woke up super early so I can relate. Can't wait to see them!

Reactions: bproffer

· Premium Member
88 Posts
Same here... Can't decide to run the kranks or mavericks.. Gonna stick with 18's, I do quite a bit of hunting so I want the sidewall...can't decide kranks or mavericks! I like both...have magnetic gray??????

· Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Same here... Can't decide to run the kranks or mavericks.. Gonna stick with 18's, I do quite a bit of hunting so I want the sidewall...can't decide kranks or mavericks! I like both...have magnetic gray??????
I think either will look good. When I first started looking, I was dead set on Mavericks, then I decided I wanted a wheel that looked a bit more substantial. Either way I think you'll be happy with either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.