Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been a fan of the Silverstar Ultras and I see they make them in the proper sizes for the high and low beam, but they don't seem to make them for the fogs.

High Beam; 9005
Standard; H11
Fogs; 9145

From Sylvania's site.
Available Part Numbers:

9003/H4, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, H7, H11, H13/9008

So what are you guys doing that are switching to the Silverstars?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Reactions: Ogtoyfan and Wacked

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Knew you guys would have an answer for me.

Next up on the list. Anyone got an awesome place to buy Silverstars from?

·
Registered
208 Posts

autozone and advance discount auto carry them by me...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
So these things look blue in the package but they aren't actually a blue light right? Sometimes they go on sale in the 2-packs and I consider it, but I keep thinking a coating will limit light output rather than enhance it.

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Thanks for this thread. Been wanting to change the fogs. Walmart has pretty good selection of silver stars. Gonna ge mw some 9005's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Osram Nightbreakers are pretty nice bulbs and if you order from Powerbulbs it is free shipping and 15% off all products with coupon code VXR15 which I found on another forum.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Osram Nightbreakers are pretty nice bulbs and if you order from Powerbulbs it is free shipping and 15% off all products with coupon code VXR15 which I found on another forum.
Awesome.. Before seeing this I decided to go with the Nightbreaker Plus's so that works out perfect. Gonna order them now.

Any other bulbs worth changing on the truck before I place the order?

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Best of luck with those bulbs...I ran them in my old truck and never again. Read the package: Last up to 1 year. I never made it longer than a year with the Silverstars before having to replace one. Some other folks have had good lick however.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Best of luck with those bulbs...I ran them in my old truck and never again. Read the package: Last up to 1 year. I never made it longer than a year with the Silverstars before having to replace one. Some other folks have had good lick however.
I ended up going with the Nightbreakers. Although I had Silverstar Ultras in my Tacoma and loved 'em. They definitely didn't last long. I had to replace them like once a year.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Have used Osram Nightbreaker Plus H11 bulbs previously for over a year without a problem.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Im running the ZXE's in all bulbs, hi/low/fogs, for well over a year now in my Tundra..I think they seem to last longer then the silverstar ultras..I had ultras in my 4runner and yeah had to change them out at least once a year, Ive had the same set of ZXE's in the 4runner for a couple years now..and the ZXE's have no blue tone to them, they are a nice bright true white...

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts

You can get a pair from ebay cheaper than you can buy one locally.

The ones I have purchased had the upc cut out like someone bought them, filed for a rebate then sold them on ebay.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts