Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I ordered as Tundra in early February—story short—It’s been 12 weeks and no Tundra

I know of the computer chip shortages and likely that is the problem

But, we are now a ½ dozen months away from the2022

Wait on the ordered one, no matter when it might arrive, or plan on a 2022

I wonder if the Dealer can contact Toyota and check on the status of that truck—This dealer doesn’t seem to want to do that

Thoughts

Thanks … BCB

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome to the shutdown imposed by the higher-ups. Unfortunately, that's how just about everything is right now. And the parts shortages are often unexpected, leading to unreliable lead times pretty much everywhere.

When I bought my truck new, I picked one on the lot because it happened to be exactly what I needed at the time. I've never ordered a new vehicle so I don't have any experience with how that normally works, but gleaning from others' experiences, time to delivery seems erratic at best, ranging from 3 to 20 weeks. From what I understand, ordering a new vehicle doesn't put a new order in to the manufacturer's system, it just puts a sold sign and dealer name/destination on the next available vehicle that will produced with those options - that particular vehicle already being in the system before you even planned on ordering it. So if you ordered a truck with a (more) unique options list, it will always take longer than a more popular option list as they plan to produce more of what they think will be popular.

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1
I feel your pain. I recently ended up impulse buying a new 2021 trd pro. not because I wanted a new truck or even a Toyota... it was simply all that was available.

I really wanted a diesel or a 2500... but new theyre selling before they hit the lots and nobody is moving on price at all. Used sellers know the situation for sure too because dealers are calling everyone they know has a truck, asking to buy it back to flip. they're jacking their prices up. its a mess.

I will say too of all the dealers I've been to, toyota routinely seems to be the worst at making things happen. my latest experience was awful and if I didnt need a truck so bad i wouldve taken a dump in the showroom.... but even searching other dealers and understanding what trucks are for sale and where. I called and asked multiple dealers to find me a truck at any dealer and nobody could answer. had to go find a truck myself.

if there's no penalty and you're getting no help... id bail. they know they'll sell it as soon as it comes in so no hard feelings there. if you can wait that is. I think now is the time time buy something though because the way prices on trucks are going up it wouldn't surprise me if 1500s started costing 70-80k before tax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts