Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Radiant Red SR5 TRD, DC in 2009 (2010 model), have put 165,000 miles on truck, NO issues EVER, just have done maintenance, tires and wiper blades. Added step bars and nothing else. Part of my pay package is $196.00 per week for vehicle allowance that I was required to keep no longer than 5 years and carry a million dollar liability policy on. Didn't find out until after I traded a paid for truck with 55,000 miles that they didn't expect me to keep to the "rules" for the vehicle allowance, this was just to get my pay at the level it would take for me to change jobs. Since I'm now nearing retirement, I decided I didn't want to retire in a truck with 250,000 miles (even a yoda) so I ordered the TRD sport, originally due around Nov. 15, now I'm told maybe by second week of Dec. This is the Barcelona Red, with upgrade, convenience package, bed package, stainless stealth step bars, upgrade radio and LED package; already sitting in garage is MBRP side exit cat back, bed (bumper) step, and bed extender. My usual drive to work is 38 miles each way, about 26 of this is surface streets with 12 on interstate, over the last 165,000 miles I've averaged right at 18 miles per gallon (45 on the motorcycle, but that doesn't count) combined. I don't "hoss" it, I anticipate traffic to try and avoid stops, and I generally drive just over the speed limit. I'm hoping to at least maintain my gas mileage though I expect to improve as i will now have a tonneau cover and free flowing exhaust (will do air intake mod as well to existing breather) I don't worry about a heavy foot because of the noise, I'm WAY over that (though I do miss my '66 Chevy 2 SS) I can get my noise jollies on the VTX1800. So here I am, though I enjoy watching what you do to your trucks, I've decided to order what I want and leave it alone and spend my free time and "play" money on trap shooting and golf.:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.