Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body got a 2013 made after march 1st? was told today that the air pump and something about the charger arent compatible and waiting on the new computer tune. So just waiting on that and not sure how long now

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure Doubleds, the dealership guys said they tried all day they got it mounted and kept flashing the cpu but it would not accept it and if i ran it like that it could hurt the motor so they are going to wait for the new tune to come out, sounded sincere about it and all but I figured someone on here would have that slapped on theres on the forum by now. He said it was from feb 28th back so far and i couldnt remember what the date he said but after march they got a new tune and the tune was not wrote yet for the supercharger but was in the works.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yup had the same problem with the supercharger on my new 13 there is some kind of new tuning to fix the old air pump problems and the ecu once updated won't take the supercharger flash so we had to swap my ecu with one that didn't have the new software the. Load the Trd flash and then update for the air pump fix. Works great now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
If they have a truck on the lot with an older build date just swap the ecu, that's what we did with mine and you can run the new air pump tune with the supercharger the supercharger tune just has to flash first.

I think that is a great idea!!!! $6500 for a s/c thats the least they can do!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad someone else ran into that problem, well not glad but you know what I mean haha, so I can have some good advice here. Thanks guys. I wonder if the toyota dealership will do that for me or not, they said I would have to wait till the tune came out. How are you liking that 13 model supercharged, I am so ready to get it installed already.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, Thanks for keeping an eye out on how to get that fixed. I will be going by the dealership to pick it up tomorrow and I will run that idea by them and see if they can look into it and get this going cause I sure am anxious to drive it already.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Glad someone else ran into that problem, well not glad but you know what I mean haha, so I can have some good advice here. Thanks guys. I wonder if the toyota dealership will do that for me or not, they said I would have to wait till the tune came out. How are you liking that 13 model supercharged, I am so ready to get it installed already.
I love it, of course I still want more but that's not a problem with the truck that's just me always wanting more power.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Cool, Thanks for keeping an eye out on how to get that fixed. I will be going by the dealership to pick it up tomorrow and I will run that idea by them and see if they can look into it and get this going cause I sure am anxious to drive it already.
I could only imagine you are anxious. I remember when mine got installed 4 years ago and I had to wait one day!:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well Rut, you are very lucky. I am going to have to wait on mine, they would not swap ecu's for me, so I am stuck with what I got for now till the tune is released. Still going to have them check into the gear ratio which I bet is right just feels different due to the longer pedal fix

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No luck, still waiting. I will call tomorrow, I told them I would call them on Fridays if I haven't heard from them before. Last they said they had no idea either being the tundras that came out after March 1st had the new tune or whatever they werent sure how long it would take before the matching supercharger tune would come out.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Did they come through and figure out a solution for you?

I have been debating new or used tundra purchase myself, one deciding factor would be if I can supercharge a 2013 5.7. If not I will definitely go with a used truck so I can SC it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not yet, tuning in progress though. Maybe another week or 2. claims the tune has a bit more boost than models previous of March this year. being patient though, update soon as I hear something. calling them tomorrow

1 - 20 of 44 Posts