Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent hours reading about Zero Point Recalibration of VSC and Shimming of Deceleration Sensor after lift kit and bigger tire are installed. All the treads talked about mainly 2005 - 2012 Tundras. Is this still a problem with 2014 + Tundras? Does just disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes recalibrate everything?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did the paper clip method on my 16 followed by disconnecting the battery for the steering wheel angle reset. FYI, you only need to do one of the other, ZPC or shimming and disconnect the battery for about 2 minutes..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the paper clip method on my 16 followed by disconnecting the battery for the steering wheel angle reset. FYI, you only need to do one of the other, ZPC or shimming and disconnect the battery for about 2 minutes..
Thanks. My print off from a tread says "complete the adjustment of the steering wheel" then perform initialization of steering angle sensor. I assuming that on a Toyota with just a 3" lift that you don't have to do any steering wheel adjustments?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my Toytec Boss Coilover/Shackle lift put in with Tuff Country Uniball UCA. It gave me 3 1/2" front and 2" rear. I'm having no problems at all with the nannies. At the end of the week when I get the tires and alignment done then I'll do zero point calibration and steering wheel angle reset, followed by Hypertech speedo recalibration.

Thanks for all the help everything is coming out great.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've done the washers, and ZPC and mine still kicks on when taking on ramps. For some reason it's been happening since switching from 275/60 to 305/55-20 tires. I'm not sure what to do about this.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have Bilstein 5100's with shims up front, +2 CB shackles out back, 295/70r18's Cooper ST Maxx tires on stock wheels with 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers and I never did a damn thing with the ZPC or shims and I've never had an issue with the TC kicking in.......and I'm not afraid to get on it.

Good luck either way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.