Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Unhook the battery for 10 minutes, step on the brakes to drain any residuale voltage. reattach battery.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Nope. You can turn the lights on, blow the horn, anything that will drain any surface voltage. Hopefully that is all it needs. Please report back.

I was thinking about your post. Is there any chance you bumped the wheel speed sensor wire when you were under there working on the altinator? Those WSS are prone to give us fits on these trucks.

KO

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly

Yes, i definitely could have tweaked something. I had to unplug, unhook, and move several pieces to get the alternator changes as you are probably familar with. :lol5:

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I understand completely. Good luck in chasing it down. If you changed your own altinator, finding a bad wheel sensor/wire is gonna be easy.

I had a wheel speed sensor wire in the back that took me forever to find. Some how the wire was cut inside the shiething. I soldered it back together and the lights went away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tire pressur light

actually I do have tire pressure guage light on and maint reg as well, but those were on before alt change and before the other lights were on.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Can you reset the maintanance light? Turn key off, push trip meter button in cluster, keep pushed, then turn on key. You will see a bunch of dashes count down and go a way. This will reset the "maint. required" light. All that does is keep track of your oil change interval.

The tire press. light has a button below the dash under the steering column, a bit to the right. If your tires are air properly, this will make the light go a way. FYI, many of us delete this TPMS by fooling the computer into thinking all tires are okey. I did this and don't miss that rediculous light coming on when there was nothing wrong with tire pressure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I will try

I will give this a shot.

Also, when I unhook battery to reset other lights, should I put ignition on or leave it off? Sorry, very new to all of this.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts